Is Livingston non strenuous tour? other suggestions?

Nickymjw1

I am trying to figure out what to do while in Santo Tomas de Castilla.

I have back issues and cannot walk for extended times. I am concerned that the boat ride to Livingston might be to bumpy and cause back pain. Also read that walking around in Livingston is a lot of steep hills. Can someone give me some feedback on this? Is there another tour that might work for me?

and sort of in the boonies.....we did city tour and boat ride,,,,not same as Livingston,,,but talked to couple that did...they were older and had a little trouble getting into boat,,,not TOO rough,,,depends on weather,,I m sure...had some problem walking with group,,,just TOO fast,,,but went on own for awhile and picked up later....

On our river ride,,it was very hard to get in small boat from dock,,,,I ended up sitting down first,,,ride was pretty smooth....so do check with your ship first for specifics.....and check port area under CC...might help....then took 1 hr.bus ride and tour each way,,,,sorry, but not one of my favorite ports....:(

Thanks for the feedback Alexandra. Where did your boatride go? did you do Rio Dulce (I think that's what it's called).

What about the city tour? Was it interesting? Was the bus ride 1 hr total or 1 hr each way?

I have read through the ports board for this port and don't see many good comments. Seems people are packed in vans when going on private tour..

just got back from doing Rio Dulce with ship tour...the boat was hard to get in and out of ...i have some knee issues so at times it was slow going...the trip i thought spent more time in the ocean going to the river which was fast, cold and bumpy at times...i thought really there was very little time actually spent on the river and when we were on the river the boat was still going pretty fast--we ran into rain coming back so that made for even colder and it was very windy.....i didnt bring a jacket because it wasnt really cool when we left...but on the water it was...glad i remembered i had a rain poncho which helped!

inc.1 hr.bus ride,,,each way,,,,not packed in,,nice bus....river ride was Rio Dulce....didnt go on ocean at all,,,above poster and I,,,both mentioned it was hard to get in small boat,,,but I,,too,,have bad back and knees,,,managed it by,,,as I said,,just sitting down on dock,,,other s did too...not rough during ride,,,went to island fortess,,,and restuarant down further for snacks,etc....one of the least strenous trips that was offered...could always book private excursion....check tourism sites and guide books....but do book something,,,or you ll be stuck in port area with lots of shops and bars....;)

Thanks Starfish. That is good feedback to have. When we were in Dominican Republic one year we had to take a small boat to a secluded beach and the bumpy ride back on the Ocean killed my back!

well i wouldnt take the RIO DULCE with NCL then...couple of times we hit hard going to the river in the ocean and definitely felt it on my back

and when you go to Livingston there are steep areas that are hard on the knees and back--wouldnt say that is an easy place to walk around..

i would look for another tour minus the boat ride--definitely will if we ever go back there...it was okay...i did it but it wasnt a comfortable easy ride like i was expecting and then too you just never know how the ocean is going to be or the weather which affects your ride.

• 4 months later...

I did the Rio dulce tour threw NCL and LOVED IT!!! Was the best Tour ive taken yet! Guatlema is a very beautiful country! Im so glad i got to see it.. One of the last since NCL is has pulled out of there for the time being.. Would love to go back some day!

Archived