parking in Miami Port

Lauriejl2

Has anyone used the Premier Parking lot in Miami......the website says the shuttle runs to the Port starting at noon. It looks like it running from the port until then. I wanted to get to the port earlier than noon....did it strictly start at noon?

As discussed daily on the Florida Departures board offsite parking in Downtown Miami is not recommended. There are two different companies that call themselves Premier Parking; one is considered marginally reliable, the other extremely unreliable. Most lots of any name often do not open for arriving cars until all the departing ones are gone; could be noon, could be later. And be prepared to take a cab both ways as shuttle capacity is well below demand.

So given the choice of entering your credit card info online and leaving your car keys with a marginal company in a very marginal neighborhood, or biting the bullet and paying the $20/day to park at the port...gotta go with the latter.

Edited by fishywood

I have used Premier Parking in Miami on several occasions and planning to use them again when we cruise next Saturday. I do not remember if they leave any earlier than noon. We have found it helpful to drop our bags at the port prior to parking the car. Less to worry about at the parking location.