All beaches @ Antigua public with free entrance?

strikerSBG

Hi @ all!

We will be at Antigua early December this year and are looking for the "perfect" beach. Perfect means to us that it should be pretty, clean and calm. No need for special facilities or something else...

I have the following beaches on my list but I am not sure for which one we should go for...

#1 Galley Bay Beach - Looks really nice - but it seems to be a hotel-beach. This leads me to my initial question: is it true that all beaches at Antigua are public or do we have to purchase a day pass for this beach?

#2 Hermitage Bay Beach - Seems also to be part of a resort?

#3 Jolly Beach - is it very busy?

I look forward to your responses.

Greetz,

Wolfgang

Hi!

I visited Galley Bay in 2014 when I was in port. There is a resort there but I do not know if they have day passes. We went without a day pass and it is a public beach. That being said, the cab driver will drop you off at the end of the resort and you can walk up the beach from there. You are not able to cross the resort unless you are a guest. The beach is gorgeous but the surf is not calm, which we didn't mind. There is nothing else out there so make sure you set an arrangement with the cab driver to pick you up at the same place at a set time.

I hope this helps!

Barbara

Hi @ all!

We will be at Antigua early December this year and are looking for the "perfect" beach. Perfect means to us that it should be pretty, clean and calm. No need for special facilities or something else...

I have the following beaches on my list but I am not sure for which one we should go for...

#1 Galley Bay Beach - Looks really nice - but it seems to be a hotel-beach. This leads me to my initial question: is it true that all beaches at Antigua are public or do we have to purchase a day pass for this beach?

#2 Hermitage Bay Beach - Seems also to be part of a resort?

#3 Jolly Beach - is it very busy?

I look forward to your responses.

Greetz,

Wolfgang

Hi Barbara!

Thanks a lot for your reply, we just were in Italy for some days (short summer-Holiday ;)) because of this my reply is a little late...

Are the cab-drivers reliable? It would be horrific for us if we can not come back to the ship in time...:eek:

Best regards,

Wolfgang