Carnival excursion help

Leftygirl

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a Carnival excursion that will allow us to see and climb the side (stairs) of Dunn's Falls and allow us time at the beach. My mom recently had leg surgery and has to avoid strenuous leg activity for a few months, but she can climb stairs perfectly fine. We will also have a 13 & 14 yr old with us.

Thanks!

What ship and what is offered on the port excursions from CCL?

If you are porting in Montego Bay....it is a L O N G drive to Dunn's River. When we went it was about a 75-90 minute bus ride from MO Bay. We had time to climb and about 30 minutes extra. Then our bus ride back and they almost had to hold the ship for us (CCL excursion) because of a torrential thunderstorm which kept flooding the road.

Now if you are porting in Falmouth (RCCL) or Ocho Rios then your ride will be shorter. :)

There is at least one excursion listed for my cruise (DREAM out of NOLA) that looks like it might have some time for a beach....but I bet not a long time.

Hope this helps! Have fun!!

What ship and what is offered on the port excursions from CCL?

If you are porting in Montego Bay....it is a L O N G drive to Dunn's River. When we went it was about a 75-90 minute bus ride from MO Bay. We had time to climb and about 30 minutes extra. Then our bus ride back and they almost had to hold the ship for us (CCL excursion) because of a torrential thunderstorm which kept flooding the road.

Now if you are porting in Falmouth (RCCL) or Ocho Rios then your ride will be shorter. :)

There is at least one excursion listed for my cruise (DREAM out of NOLA) that looks like it might have some time for a beach....but I bet not a long time.

Hope this helps! Have fun!!

Thanks for responding. We are on the Breeze docking in Ocho Rios. I saw there is an excursion with both Dunn's River and Bamboo Beach I think. The reviews arent that great regarding the beach however so we will have to think about that one.