Air flights

mrbluesea

We are first time cruisers with Azamara and (were) looking forward to it.

However, we have just had details of the air flights sent through from the UK to Athens. Basically we are booked to sail on the 30th July from Athens and so we were expecting to fly out on the 30thJuly. We have however been booked on an overnight flight leaving on the 28th July arriving in Athens at 03.00 am :( on the 29th July (the day before the cruise) and then booked into a hotel on the 29th July for 1 night (the room is not however available until 2pm) – not too sure what we do between 03.00am and 2pm on the 29th July.

I’ve gone back to the TA who are referring it back to Azamara. Does anyone know if this is standard practice and if this is a TA issue or an Azamara issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mrbluesea,

I highly doubt this is a TA issue, as the flights are issued by Azamara's flight department. Are you booked with Choice Air, or Azamara's standard Air program ? If you have Choice Air, you may be able to arrange more suitable flights.

I'd probably start with your TA. See if they can intervene, and arrange better flights. Another thought - If your flights cannot be changed, perhaps Azamara can arrange for an extra night at the hotel, so that you are not inconvenienced upon arrival.

Please let us know the outcome, and good luck !

How ridiculous, Royal did a similar thing with use or perhaps not even so bad, we are due to cruise from Barcelona with the whole family toddlers upwards. They routed us via Paris on the way out and via Amsterdam on the way back, a 6-7 hour journey instead of the 2hours a direct flight takes.

However with the help of my agent and some research on my part we were allowed to change to an Easy jet flight which leaves at 10.20 in the morning and returns at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, however they did charge us £30 each to change, but well worth it as far as we were concerned.

I did send an email to a senior person in RCCL.

Good Luck I really hope you get a good outcome, I really don't know how they expect you to start your luxury holiday in such a poor way.

Thanks to those who responded.

Just has an email changing the flight times to something much more acceptable. I think the flights were booked through azamara and they changed them without an issue. Thank you azamara.

Regards

Just has an email changing the flight times to something much more acceptable. I think the flights were booked through azamara and they changed them without an issue. Thank you azamara.

Regards

So glad you can now just look forward to your cruise, we love Azamara.

Regards

Hi Mrbluesea,

I was confident that it would work out well for you. Thanks for coming back, and sharing the positive outcome with us. Have a wonderful cruise !

I'm booked on the same cruise and my TA told me my flights would be the same. I called Azamara and a very helpful lady gave me my flight details which were different to what my TA quoted. We are now arriving in Athens at 16.20 on the 29th and staying at the Hilton. I'm flying from Edinburgh btw. Good result. I started a roll call, please feel free to join in. Glad I'm not on the ship alone. :)

Edited by lizboyle

• 2 weeks later...

We have just got our flight times for 11/07/15 LHR to Athens. We are being sent via Munich! I have emailed Azamara but have had no response as yet! Don't think this detour should be necessary as BA have several direct flights a day. Plus the fact that we will be flying out of T2 and back into T5 so no chance of using the T5 Sofitel for easy access. I KNEW we should have stuck with Regent or Oceania!