TA messed up Early Saver claim

NoDayButToday

Under the 35 hour sale, we should have been able to switch into the balcony guarantee pool from our assigned oceanview and still save about $300. Our TA confirmed that with Carnival, and they had to submit the form still. I just got a confirmation email from her switching us to guarantee oceanview - which we specifically told her that if it wasn't going to be a switch to guarantee balcony we wanted to keep our assigned room. All the available oceanview rooms right now are right next to night clubs, our assigned room was midship and a great location. I emailed her back immediately, but I really hope she can fix this. The onboard credit for that switch would not make up the difrerence in the quality of our trip if it was from a good room to one with loud music all night.

Under the 35 hour sale, we should have been able to switch into the balcony guarantee pool from our assigned oceanview and still save about $300. Our TA confirmed that with Carnival, and they had to submit the form still. I just got a confirmation email from her switching us to guarantee oceanview - which we specifically told her that if it wasn't going to be a switch to guarantee balcony we wanted to keep our assigned room. All the available oceanview rooms right now are right next to night clubs, our assigned room was midship and a great location. I emailed her back immediately, but I really hope she can fix this. The onboard credit for that switch would not make up the difrerence in the quality of our trip if it was from a good room to one with loud music all night.

I do hope she can get it switched back to your assigned room. Think you may have been better off if you had booked this yourself rather than through a TA that doesn't understand what you wanted.

She worked it out, took her 2 hours on the phone back and forth with Carnival, but we got the balcony guarantee with OBC, and they actually already assigned us our room. It's a 7A obstructed view balcony, room 5224 on the Pride. I understand this is one of the more obstructed view ones you can get, but fresh air and outside private space is the big winner! Now I just have to try and seek out pictures of the room itself to try and get an idea of just how obstructed it is.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many accounts of people being able to do this, however once you switch to guarantee it is less likely you will get any more obc. Some reps will do it saying your early saver always applies, some say that you lose that status once switching to guarantee. We didn't have to cancel and rebook, and we were paid in full but before final payment (and already had some obc from other price drops which we also kept). Our booking number is still the same and everything we had already purchased like excursions are still on the booking.

I also don't think we will see that room go any lower than the 35 hour sale rate, and I am extremely happy with the room we got for the rate we paid plus the OBC we have now, so I don't really mind if we are no longer eligible for early saver benefits at this point.

! Now I just have to try and seek out pictures of the room itself to try and get an idea of just how obstructed it is.

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/holtcjane/media/Cabin%20photos/100_3020.jpg.html

http://s325.photobucket.com/user/luckysll/media/Spirit%20Mexican%20Riviera%20Jan%2008/mexrivieranov08034.jpg.html?t=1262962878

http://home.comcast.net/~constablerc/CAT7A_2.jpg

please keep an eye on the pricing to see if a regular balcony opens up for less then what you paid even a few bucks more--

From everything I have found about this particular room (and it's sister room on the other side of the ship), this is one of the better obstructed ones because it has the shorter lifeboats. I know we have a wall obstruction too, but that isn't too bad. We get ocean sounds, smell, and a view plus we are on a cruise! Hard to be upset about that.

Glad it worked out for you, but honestly, your situation is one of the reasons we always book direct.

I've taken 4 Carnival cruises, all booked through the same TA. He's ALWAYS beaten the best fares I can get from any other TA, or from Carnival directly. Never had any issues.... I'd be paying more booking directly with Carnival. No idea how that works, but it's always more when I check.

I've taken 4 Carnival cruises, all booked through the same TA. He's ALWAYS beaten the best fares I can get from any other TA, or from Carnival directly. Never had any issues.... I'd be paying more booking directly with Carnival. No idea how that works, but it's always more when I check.

carnival does NOT allow discounting for any of their cruises--

I am wondering if the agent is quoting you cruise only fares and not discussing the taxes and port charges. Or even giving you a price for the right category?

We always use the same TA . They don't discount the rate, but they offer additional on-board credit.

We have a B2B coming up that is booked ES. We received the lower price three different times including the additional Carnival OBC just as if we were booked with Carnival. In fact we didn't have to mess with any forms or deal with rejection emails. We just called the TA and stayed on the line while they handled it. We ALSO get an additional $200 OBC direct from the TA!

$200 is worth using a TA. It is a large TA with 24 hour phones. We have never had a problem with over ten cruises booked with them. Each time we get the extra OBC.

Edited by Richjoxyz