Any unrest at present?

smilz

From what Hondurans are telling US Congressmen and reporters who go there, the only unrest is occurring in the US State Department and White House in WDC and in the mind of the deposed ruler. Even the embassy isn't fretting. All curfews have been lifted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I found this news story and wanted to post it for you all to read. My husband has been a little worried about going here and I honestly didnt know if I should be but now I am. I think Carnival being the cruise line they are wouldnt take us anywhere to be harmed.... So what do you think... have you been and did you feel safe? Here is the link to the news story!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20091025/wl_time/08599193210000

Thank you!

You need to take this in its full context. This is context from the former Minister of tourism who worked under and still strongly supports the former president who is living in the Brazillian Embassy. There are literally hundreds of posts here already from visitors with no political agenda that report that except for things being slow that all is normal.

I have been back a few times since June and will be back again shortly with family and no more concerns than I had in years past. I cannot get into the political issues but if you were the "former" minister of tourism that was replaced you may want to make things look like they fell apart after you were replaced.

If your cruise was scheduled to visit Tegucigalpa then I may have some more concern about it but you cannot seriously think the cruislines do not have people employed to be in contact with port destinations about possible problems and decisions about safety can you?

If you are looking for something to worry and talk about you could with that article but I agree with the other poster - what would you expect from a former "anyone" of a government. Most of the article talks about problems on the mainland and not on the island of Roatan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks! Me again. Just returned 2 weeks ago. I LOVED Roatan and felt completely safe. Absolutely no sign of any unrest. We did,however, take a ship tour to Tabayana beach. The beach is fabulous as is the reef which is a very easy swim out. "something for everyone!!!":D:D:D:D

Archived