Tall Ship Experience Excursion

GatorGirl

Has anyone gone on Royal Caribbean's Tall Ship Experience Excursion? Here is the description:

Discover the inner pirate in you with a dynamic day of sailing on the tall ship, Mercedes. The entire family will enjoy this scenic glide across dazzling turquoise Caribbean waters around the beautiful island of St. Maarten to Maho Beach where you can watch airplanes taking off and landing from the famous Princess Juliana International Airport. . You’ll be transported back to the buccaneer days of yesteryear on a vessel specially designed for day cruising and alongside a friendly and professional crew that adheres to the strictest international safety requirements. You’ll even get the chance to help set the sails and then take the helm, as you navigate the ship around the island. Toast your sailing adventure with a complimentary cocktail while relishing the feel of calming ocean breezes in the comfort of a deck chair. It’s a journey you and your sailors won’t soon forget. SMP1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Back from my cruise. I went on this excursion with my husband and kids (8 and 6). The crew was fantastic! They welcomed us with either lemonade or tea. Then they gave us a brief safety lecture and we were on our way. The crew asked if anyone wanted to help raise the sails. My kids helped as did another gentleman. We were also able to steer the ship as the captain was inviting my kids to participate.

The ship did lean to one side making it difficult to walk. The crew was helping passengers as needed. My daughter ended up getting seasick and the crew was really helpful and understanding.

All in all, my husband and I enjoyed the excursion. My kids were a bit bored because we were on the ship for 3ish hours. The crew was top notch. They also spoke about the island and their stories-they live on the ship.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...