Luggage size on Carnival?

cruisinds12

Can anyone tell me how strict Carnival is on checked luggage size? My printed Carnival luggage tag says 24x16, my largest is 30 inches tall. Any help is appreciated.

There is no restriction on luggage size on CCL, but do the people who have to haul it around a favor and keep the weight under 50 lbs.

BTW there is a third dimension missing on your luggage and that is the one that doesn't matter. so yours could be 24 x 16 x 60 and it would be OK. The two sides that are mentioned are the max for those sides so that it will be able to get into the scanner, the other dimension doesn't matter.

You do not need a BIG suitcase to cruise. My husband and I finally learned and we each have a bag that will fit in the ship's scanner which is the same size as an airport's. We have even done 14 days and B2Bs with them. There have even been times when we carried them on board as carry-ons!

Edited by Bonnie J.

The size restrictions only apply to carry-on luggage since they must be able to get it through the smaller X-ray machines in the terminal. The checked luggage goes through a different process so size does not matter (did I say that?).

Hank