LFK or Tabyana

tk22

I am most interested in enjoying the beach, not other additiional activities, so which beach is better? Also, what is the approximate time/distance from Mohogony Bay port? The plus for Tabyana is it is offered as an excursion through Carnival and LFK is not -- a little worried about going to an island without the Carnival excursion guarantee.

DH and I went to Tabyana a few years ago (2nd time in Roatan; 1st time did the dolphin excursion at Anthony's Key - also great; DH thought it was just something I'd like, but he loved the dolphins, too). Anyway, back to Tabayana - had a great time and just booked a cruise line beach excursion there for our next cruise. Lots of palm trees so you could find shade if you wanted (important for me). Walk-in beach snorkeling (we were there in late December) and water was warm and easy for me as a first time snorkeler. Didn't want to leave. But, like I said...don't know anything about LFK...so, do your research and enjoy wherever you go! :-)

You will have no problem with LFC transportation/ time frame/safety.

They were a Carnival excursion until a few months ago. Its a bit of a walk up a hill so if you have mobility issues keep that in mind. They drop you off back at the port right in front of the shops at the port. Hammocks, tons of beach chairs, different areas to hang out depending on what you want. We paid extra for snorkling off of their boat. Best snorkeling I have done anywhere. No venders bugging you and good food.