Sian Kaan Resort....DON'T GO

I was in Progreso last week. I was thinking about going to Technotel Resort for all inclusive. I changed my mind because it was a little further away from the port than I was willing to travel.

At the bus station where eveyone gets dropped off at, a company was offering all inclusive package to a resort called Sian Kaan that was only 5 minutes away for $30. The pictures of the resort looked nice.

12 people decided to go so they loaded us all in a van.

It was actually 10 minutes away and it was in a very old runned down neighborhood at the end of a dirt road. It was extremely awful. It appeared to be an old dirty apartment complex....not a resort.

All 12 people refused to stay and chose to leave immediately upon arriving.

I must say we were all pleased that the company gave everyone their money back without hesitation.

I do not know the name of the company. They were right outside the back door. They were also selling tickets for the red double decker bus that goes around the city which was parked right outside the back door as well. They also had a booth set up about 1 block from the beach that said Siam Kaan resorts. they were not with autoprogresso. Guess that's why they were set up outside the terminal.

They offered resort only for $20 and all inclusive for $30.

Edited by Westbank is bestbank

• 5 weeks later...

AGREE, We were reluctant as we were approached exiting the market and told about the place. 12 in our party, 6 adults, 3 teens(12y-14Y), 3 small kids(5y-7y) and an elderly couple that decided to take a chance with US.

THE TURN DOWN THE DIRT ROAD DID INCREASE OR SKEPTICISM BUT WE DECIDED TO GIVE THE PLACE A CHANCE AND IT WAS WONDERFUL! WE WALKED THROUGH THE GATE AND IT WAS LIKE OUR OWN PRIVATE BEACH SO NO CROWDS LIKE MAIN BEACH AT PROGRESSO. KIDS WERE SAFE AND WE ALL LOVED THE WATER AND THE AREA IN GENERAL. THE STAFF WAS MORE LIKE A FAMILY RUNNING THE PLACE US BUT NOT PUSHY AT ALL JUST FRIENDLY AND ATTENTIVE. GREAT DRINKS, GREAT AUTHENIC MEXICAN FOOD, GREAT MUSIC. GREAT WI FI. THE AREA WAS CLEAN AND SHADED WITH HAMMOCKS AND MASSAGES PROVIDED. WE STAYED MOST OF THE AFTERNOON THERE AND THE VAN RETURNED ON TIME AND WE PAYID TWO DOLLARS A PERSON AND HE TOOK US BACK TO THE SHIP INSTEAD OF BUS TERMINAL. OVERALL IT WAS JUST A WONDERFUL SUPRISE!

It's possible. I don't post a whole lot but I've been on 25 cruises. I can assure you the place looked disastrous.

I didn't mean you because I am a Westbanker too. I meant the poster before me who said the place was fabulous.

• 2 weeks later...