Passport help please.....I'm panicking!!!!

I would still call them ASAP as I just re read this in RCI T&C,s and i suppose you read it as you want to read it?

It definitely says you are responsible to ensure your passport is valid for 6 months at termination of your cruise. The following part about passports and visas cannot relate to the 6 month validity because it has already stated as your responsibility to ensure that it "is" valid not that it "may" need to be valid for that 6 month period?

14. Visas and passports

For all international sailings a valid passport and appropriate visa will be required. You are responsible to ensure that you have all necessary visas and that your passport is up to date and will remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of the termination of your cruise. Please check the applicable passport and visa requirements (including multi-entry visa requirements and for additional visa photos) with the embassies of the countries you will be visiting during your cruise, or check the up-to-date position with your travel agent in good time before departure.

Edited by fishtaco

I would still call them ASAP as I just re read this in RCI T&C,s and i suppose you read it as you want to read it?

It definitely says you are responsible to ensure your passport is valid for 6 months at termination of your cruise. The following part about passports and visas cannot relate to the 6 month validity because it has already stated as your responsibility to ensure that it "is" valid not that it "may" need to be valid for that 6 month period?

14. Visas and passports

For all international sailings a valid passport and appropriate visa will be required. You are responsible to ensure that you have all necessary visas and that your passport is up to date and will remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of the termination of your cruise. Please check the applicable passport and visa requirements (including multi-entry visa requirements and for additional visa photos) with the embassies of the countries you will be visiting during your cruise, or check the up-to-date position with your travel agent in good time before departure.

I think you are over analyzing.

FAQ's clearly states "For your protection, we recommend that your passport expiration date not occur within six(6) months of the sailing termination date."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=329&faqSubjectName=Cruise+Documents&faqId=2815

RCI passport & Visa Information makes no mentions of 6 months, only they must be valid. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Passport_and_Visa_Requirements.pdf

Edited by FLACRUISER99

This is why carriers may ask for or even demand 6 months validity even though not necessarily required!

Some airline carriers even refuse to carry a passengers on a one way ticket even though they were allowed to purchase a one way ticket and the destination country does not require a return ticket! This is because if the passenger is denied entry the carrier is responsible for that persons immediate return home.

True. We had a one-way ticket on Delta from the US to Barcelona, and they needed to see our cruise documentation to prove we had a way home.

True. We had a one-way ticket on Delta from the US to Barcelona, and they needed to see our cruise documentation to prove we had a way home.
Was this recent Bob? Flew one way to Barcelona last may and Delta did not require this. I also just flew Quantas one way to Sydney and they only required an AU eVisa.

Was this recent Bob? Flew one way to Barcelona last may and Delta did not require this. I also just flew Quantas one way to Sydney and they only required an AU eVisa.

No, it was in Fall 2011. The lady at the ticket counter was adamant about seeing some documentation about how we were getting home before she would stamp our boarding passes. Perhaps their policty has changed in the interim?

No, it was in Fall 2011. The lady at the ticket counter was adamant about seeing some documentation about how we were getting home before she would stamp our boarding passes. Perhaps their policty has changed in the interim?
Probably right after 911 as everyone was a little jumpy.. woops that was 2001. Edited by FLACRUISER99

I just remembered that we had a couple traveling with us, and they were not asked to prove they had a way back. That was because they had a flight on Delta for the last leg of the trip from New Orleans to STL. We were flying on Southwest for that last leg, so the Delta agent could not see our Southwest flight in her system.

You are able to schedule your appointment via the telephone queues. Just bring your trip itinerary for proof that it is a rush request (since it normally takes about 3 weeks to get a new one via US mail) and a passport photo. I hope there is an office close by to where you live since I was told by our travel agent that the passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the return flight. Check this out:

http://www.uspassporthelpguide.com/six-months-validity-rule/

Just be aware that the appointment you get at a regional center may be several weeks in the future at the closest center, like the one in New York City. Recently, I had to get an passport ASAP as it could not be found, and the closest appointment to us that was not more than a week in the future was about 6 hours drive away. The New York City appointments were only available for day that just opened up for appointments, in several weeks.

We ended up just applying at a local acceptance center and got both passport and the passport card with an expedite fee plus overnight mail fee within two weeks - your wait will vary.

I have called RCI today......he said it's only when travelling to countries requiring 6 months and I SHOULD be ok..... Not entirely happy with SHOULD......so shall call the passport office tomorrow .... Thanks again for all your replies.

Have rechecked T's and C's and it definitely only recommends the 6 month validity. Shall see what the passport office say .... Here's hoping......if I can't get a definite answer I shall just pay the extra £ and get a same day passport...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have called RCI today......he said it's only when travelling to countries requiring 6 months and I SHOULD be ok..... Not entirely happy with SHOULD......so shall call the passport office tomorrow .... Thanks again for all your replies.

Have rechecked T's and C's and it definitely only recommends the 6 month validity. Shall see what the passport office say .... Here's hoping......if I can't get a definite answer I shall just pay the extra £ and get a same day passport...

It's not the passport office it the folks at the port that you will to worry about.

You can make an appointment at the passport office, drop off your documentation and pick your passport up later the same day..... A friend of mine did it the week before last..... Just went for a long lunch in Liverpool whilst waiting! You can also opt to have it delivered to your home address within a week. Even though RCI have said I should be ok....I don't think I shall risk it.......

You can make an appointment at the passport office, drop off your documentation and pick your passport up later the same day..... A friend of mine did it the week before last..... Just went for a long lunch in Liverpool whilst waiting! You can also opt to have it delivered to your home address within a week. Even though RCI have said I should be ok....I don't think I shall risk it.......

Peace of mind is probably worth the hassle. Have a great trip!

[quote name='FLACRUISER99']It's not the passport office it the folks at the port that you will to worry about.[/QUOTE]

This is true! When we were checking in for a USA cruise 2 years ago the person at the check in counter said we could not go because she couldnt find our USA entry stamps in our Australian passports!

I was in a panic but a supervisor after checking our passports instructed her to check us in and let us board, I found the entry stamps later but they were very feint, funny thing is we had our US departure cards in the passports and you can only get them when you enter US!

Beware cruise port staff as many dont know what they are doing!

We were on the AOS in May sailing round the Med from Southampton.
We live in England. Our paasports expire in 2017.
Had to show them when we checked in at Southampton. They stayed in the room safe until we came off the ship again at Southampton.

When we got off the ship at any of the ports we took a copy of the last page of our passport so that we had official photo ID if required.

Hope this helps.
Have a good cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick update...I now have a shiny new passport!! I certainly feel better whether it was needed or not!! Am now in full holiday mode and so looking forward to our first cruise. Thanks again for all your comments :-)))