Sailing today? boarding delay June 25

BermudaBound2014

Good morning from beautiful, hot, and sticky Miami. It's 7:35 and we are just sailing down the channel. Medical emergency last night and we returned to Nassau. This has delayed debarkation by approximately one hour. Those boarding today may want to show up at the port around 2 to let the crowds thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YC paid for itself. We were first off ship at 10:00 am. Butler walked us right to front of self assist line. Smooth and painless - but they are still offloading luggage and the terminal is a mess and people onboard were cranky about missing flights. I really appreciate how MSC has the luggage carousels like the airport- keeps things much more organized for debarkation. We are spending another day in Fort Lauderdale so we are in no rush. All in all- great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ricop and Love2 (I'm still looking forward to reading the rest of your review). OVERALL, WE HAD A TERRIFIC TIME and I would gladly sail the Divina time and time again for the price we paid.

Note about debarkation yesterday. We ran into a couple eating dinner on the Riverfront in Fort Lauderdale. They were still wearing their MSC landyard so it was easy to strike up a conversation. They stated that debarkation was an absolute nightmare. Apparently people weren't paying attention to when to debark and they said that the luggage area was so crowded with people still waiting for luggage to be removed from the ship that the chaos was magnified. So many people panicked about missing flights. They missed their 2:30 flight out of Fort Lauderdale entirely but the later flight was already booked from the MSC passengers that missed earlier flights so they were spending another night in FLL to catch the 6:00 am flight out in the morning.

They were most upset not because of the delay, but the way MSC handled debarkation. They stated that it was the lack of organization on behalf of MSC actually made the whole process much worse. In fairness to MSC, I've witnessed other cruise lines totally batch a delayed debarkation also~ and with MSC the chance for error is magnified simply because of the lack of common language.

Thanks Ricop and Love2 (I'm still looking forward to reading the rest of your review). OVERALL, WE HAD A TERRIFIC TIME and I would gladly sail the Divina time and time again for the price we paid.

Note about debarkation yesterday. We ran into a couple eating dinner on the Riverfront in Fort Lauderdale. They were still wearing their MSC landyard so it was easy to strike up a conversation. They stated that debarkation was an absolute nightmare. Apparently people weren't paying attention to when to debark and they said that the luggage area was so crowded with people still waiting for luggage to be removed from the ship that the chaos was magnified. So many people panicked about missing flights. They missed their 2:30 flight out of Fort Lauderdale entirely but the later flight was already booked from the MSC passengers that missed earlier flights so they were spending another night in FLL to catch the 6:00 am flight out in the morning.

They were most upset not because of the delay, but the way MSC handled debarkation. They stated that it was the lack of organization on behalf of MSC actually made the whole process much worse. In fairness to MSC, I've witnessed other cruise lines totally batch a delayed debarkation also~ and with MSC the chance for error is magnified simply because of the lack of common language.

I too believe they need to improve in the debarkation department, even in Europe. While we had no delays, it was a bit confusing. They use colorcoded luggage tags, but when it's time to debark, no announcements were made, you had to rely on tv screens..and even those were confusing as the color coding also had numbers...So for instance we had Color Pink number 2...so we had to wait till color pink and color pink1 went before us. NO announcements were made as I said so you were never really sure. Once we made it out, the luggages were laid out by color so fairly easy to find and exit the terminal. Getting a cab to the airport was also very simple.