Cost of Caribelle Batik items?

psyfi

Can anyone give me an exaple of the cost of Caribelle Batik items? Say a men's "hawaiian" shirt, a swimsuit cover up, t-shirt, etc...

Also if you purchased an item, were you pleased with the way it washed up over time?

Thanks

During the batik process, the material is washed in boiling water to remove the wax before the next color is applied so washing should not be a problem. They also have washing instructions included with the items that they sell.

thanks all. I had been to their site but they did not have prices, nor would they give you the "real deal" about after you get it home. Glad to hear they have pillow cases, I'll measure my pillows!

Earlier this month, I bought a tank top (cotton t-shirt material) for $22.00 and a cotton head scarf for $8.00. The longer cotton neck scarves cost more -- around $10 to $15. The barrettes made of cloth were $6.00. T-shirts may have been around $25.00. The dresses made of t-shirt material were $60.00. I believe the men's cotton tropical shirts (buttons & collar, not t-shirts) were around $55.00 to $58.00.

In the past, I have purchased purses, tanks, and scarves and all hold up well. Wash and dry on delicate or hand-wash.

In addition to purchasing items at the Caribelle Batik itself, the Island Hopper in the Circus near the ship also sells Caribelle Batik items at the same prices as what is at Caribelle Batik, but, of course, the selection at Caribelle Batik itself is much more expansive. Look at the map that the ship provides and look for the Circus on the map if you want to find the Island Hopper.

I always check out Island Hopper when we are in St. Kitts because they change the items. One time I bought tropical cloth purses and other times they had the cotton halter dresses. This time they did not have the halter dresses or purses, but did have a better selection of tanks, men's shirts, pareos, and caftans. I thought the lovely pareos were a great bargain at $22.00 because they also included a booklet on how to tie the pareo into skirts, dresses, and halters.

We will be in St. Kitts in January and February again and can report back then. I love the Caribelle Batik items!

Kathy

Thanks so much Kathy, those prices seem quite reasonable. I was wondering if given the handmade quality of the fabric, if things would be quite expensive. I much prefer to buy souvenirs that reflect the culture of the island so this sounds perfect. I will check both stores. We'll be there in early February as well, and I can't wait--it's blizzarding here right now!

We have temperatures in the 20s and it is so windy. We had snow flurries the past couple days but no accumulation. Brrrr. I came back from 70-80 degree temperatures to this.

According to the Caribelle Batik brochure I have, the fabric is "Sea Island Cotton." I just unpacked items I bought last February to start wrapping for Christmas gifts. At Island Hopper last February, I paid $22 for a tank top, $25 each for padded cotton purses that are 9"x12" not including the strap/handle that fits on the arm or over the shoulder (purse has a magnetic snap closure and also a pocket with velcro closure on the inside), and $12 each for 60"x8.5" long cotton scarves. All items are batik from Caribelle Batik. Unfortunately, Island Hopper did not have the purses earlier this month in the shop. They may have them or something similar at Caribelle Batik itself. In February, I was lucky to get a coupon for a 10% discount from an Island Hopper employee handing them out in the shopping area around Port Zante near the ship. She was wearing a Caribelle Batik sundress. I wasn't so lucky earlier this month, but maybe you will see the Island Hopper employee handing out the coupons and you can get one.

I also remembered that at the Caribelle Batik they had stretchier/thinner cotton tank tops with the lacey spaghetti straps for around $18. The regular tanks of the heavier cotton t-shirt material were $22.

Some of these items will be Christmas gifts. What I plan to do is include a brochure with each gift. If you plan to buy some items as gifts, you probably want to pick up some of the brochures so your gift recipients can read about their gifts.

Kathy

See now that's very nice of you to buy gifts! I'm really just looking for myself but you never know what I might find that would work for next year at Christmas--smart idea. I do appreciate the information about the prices as it helps me to budget.

Archived