Falmouth, Jamaica Port

jbrissette1

Going on a girls cruise with one of the ports being Falmouth, Jamaica. Any recommendations on beaches or things to do. Jamaica reviews are very mixed. Doctors Cave Beach seems to be a well liked beach. If beach there is a beach with shore snorkeling, it would be a plus. Are there any beach resorts that allow for day passes with parasailing access from beach? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!

I've been researching Royalton White Sands all inclusive resort 3 miles away from the Falmouth Cruise Port. It's pricey at $100 per adult $50 per kid but that's about what you pay for every excursion. This includes food, drinks, alchohol, chairs, umbrellas and non motorized motorsports. It would be a short cab ride from the port and you buy the day pass directly through the resort. If your going before me (June 2016) please post back.

I've been researching Royalton White Sands all inclusive resort 3 miles away from the Falmouth Cruise Port. It's pricey at $100 per adult $50 per kid but that's about what you pay for every excursion. This includes food, drinks, alchohol, chairs, umbrellas and non motorized motorsports. It would be a short cab ride from the port and you buy the day pass directly through the resort. If your going before me (June 2016) please post back.

Are you going to hail a taxi right outside the gates of the cruise ship pier area? We are considering going to Royalton WS as well but had a bit of scare in a taxi ride in MoBo years ago. I am a little worried traveling with kids this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Going on a girls cruise with one of the ports being Falmouth, Jamaica. Any recommendations on beaches or things to do. Jamaica reviews are very mixed. Doctors Cave Beach seems to be a well liked beach. If beach there is a beach with shore snorkeling, it would be a plus. Are there any beach resorts that allow for day passes with parasailing access from beach? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!

BE careful,ITS Jamaica....

Edited by tommy

My plan is probably to set up a private transfer ahead of time as we will have a party of 6. I spent a week in Jamaica this summer and LOVED it. I felt very safe. You won't be going anywhere near Montego Bay from the Falmouth Port to Royalton White Sands. It is literally 5.5 km or 3 miles away. I just facebook messaged a friend I made while there this summer who works for Chukka Tours to ask how much a private transfer would be. Chukka is the same company Disney uses for excursions while in Jamaica so I trust them. I cant wait to show my 2 kids Jamaica, its my favorite island so far. However arriving by cruise ship will be different for me so i will plan ahead to avoid problems.

My plan is probably to set up a private transfer ahead of time as we will have a party of 6. I spent a week in Jamaica this summer and LOVED it. I felt very safe. You won't be going anywhere near Montego Bay from the Falmouth Port to Royalton White Sands. It is literally 5.5 km or 3 miles away. I just facebook messaged a friend I made while there this summer who works for Chukka Tours to ask how much a private transfer would be. Chukka is the same company Disney uses for excursions while in Jamaica so I trust them. I cant wait to show my 2 kids Jamaica, its my favorite island so far. However arriving by cruise ship will be different for me so i will plan ahead to avoid problems.

What info do you have on Chukka tours? We are trying to find info on them!

Hi jbrissette~ We went to Doctors Cave beach last year. We used Jaital for our transportation which I highly recommend. However, I did not like Doctors Cave. I did feel safe there but there wasn't much to do. The food and drinks were very expensive. If I recall they wanted $5 for a red stripe beer- a bucket would have been 30 bucks. We wouldn't go there again. We are going back to Falmouth in February and are going to find somewhere else this time. Maybe an all inclusive resort.