Nice beach or bar near port...

TavelRN

We are most likely doing to NCL tour to JVD (unless I can find 2 more couples to fill a charter, and we can do our own). Looks like the excursion only lasts about 5 hours, which will leave us with an extra two or three hours. Does anyone know of anything we can do close to port? Somewhere , where maybe we can get good pictures?

You'll see several of the 27-passenger safari taxis waiting to take folks to CGB, and others offering different tour options, some including a beach stop.

Obviously talking a safari taxi to a beach is the cheapest way to go, $8pp each way to CGB or Brewers Bay. But there will be smaller taxis if you want a private ride, I believe the price for a couple to the above beaches is $12pp each way. But you can find different options at the dock.

You can google taxi and tour fares.

You'll see several of the 27-passenger safari taxis waiting to take folks to CGB, and others offering different tour options, some including a beach stop.

Obviously talking a safari taxi to a beach is the cheapest way to go, $8pp each way to CGB or Brewers Bay. But there will be smaller taxis if you want a private ride, I believe the price for a couple to the above beaches is $12pp each way. But you can find different options at the dock.

You can google taxi and tour fares.

Thank you. You're always so helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I made a mistake and walked outside of the port area hoping to find a taxi to take me to Brewer's Bay. After walking several blocks, I asked a woman walking by if she knew where I could find a cab. She got out her phone, called the cab company, and asked how much to Brewer's Bay. It was $24 since I was alone. She then asked if there was a closer beach. The dispatcher mentioned one (can't remember which one), and then I asked if I could swim there. The woman asked the dispatcher for me, and she/he said yes. So, I said okay. The cab was ordered, and I was told would be there in a few minutes. The lady waited with me.

When the cab arrived, I got in and told the driver I wanted to go to a beach close by, because it was too expensive to go to Brewer's Bay. He said that if I really wanted to go there, he would take me for the $8. How cool was that? And what a great ride over the hills to the other side of the island and to the Atlantic Ocean. He said he would return for me at three o'clock, which he did. I gave him $12 on the ride there, and $15 on the ride back. It was a great day after all.

Well, I made a mistake and walked outside of the port area hoping to find a taxi to take me to Brewer's Bay. After walking several blocks, I asked a woman walking by if she knew where I could find a cab. She got out her phone, called the cab company, and asked how much to Brewer's Bay. It was $24 since I was alone. She then asked if there was a closer beach. The dispatcher mentioned one (can't remember which one), and then I asked if I could swim there. The woman asked the dispatcher for me, and she/he said yes. So, I said okay. The cab was ordered, and I was told would be there in a few minutes. The lady waited with me.

When the cab arrived, I got in and told the driver I wanted to go to a beach close by, because it was too expensive to go to Brewer's Bay. He said that if I really wanted to go there, he would take me for the $8. How cool was that? And what a great ride over the hills to the other side of the island and to the Atlantic Ocean. He said he would return for me at three o'clock, which he did. I gave him $12 on the ride there, and $15 on the ride back. It was a great day after all.

Yes, if you try to get a taxi on your own you will pay the 1 passenger rate of $24 each way. For 2 ppl it's $12pp each way, and for 3 or more (Or with a taxi full) it's $8 each way.

I have to say - What a wonderful lady you met! :)

Other than the beauty that's why we love staying on Tortola, the people there are really gracious and wonderful and ready to help. I hope you thanked her! ;)