Snorkel With Carnival GT

seattleny

Arriving in GT in October-I know don't book carnival's excursions-they're offering snorkel excursion $60---2.5 hr trip. reviews are very good. should we book this or go on our own via taxi to beach/snorkel. do have own mask/snorkel-no fins. what to do...

Have you considered booking with an independent company for a snorkel tour? I think you'll find there are fewer passengers on these tours as compared to the Carnival ones.

I'm looking at Grand Turk Diving (great reviews on Trip Advisor) and they have a couple of options for a small tour which begins within walking distance of the port. (They were super quick in responding to my email for info.) The 2 hour tour that goes to two spots, including "The Wall" costs $55 and the 3 hour tour that adds a stop at Gibbs Cay is $75.

See: http://www.gtdiving.com/

We did the "2 stop" snorkel with GT divers. No one else booked that day so it was just me, DH, and our guide. We went to the coral gardens and the wall. Got there before the 80 or so people showed up on the ship excursion as we were leaving. I highly recommend them. We are going again in February

Sent from my iPhone using Forums