"Schedule" for Little French Key

LadySadie1

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows how late transfers from Mahogany Bay to LFK go, as in if I wanted to go over 3 or 4 hours after the ship debarked would there still be someone there to take me over?

I emailed them and the answer was that drivers will be there 1-2 hours after the ship arrives but that doesn't mean they won't be there later.

Is there a "schedule" for lunch, monkeys, snorkel boats, etc? Or is it more "there's people here let's do this".

If they emailed back and said the drivers will be there 1-2 hours after the ship arrives, I would say that's how long they stay around, not 3 hours or whatever.

The drivers that are waiting on you over the hill are also the drivers that help on the island and take people back as well. They have other jobs to do. So I don't think they will be waiting around all day to see "if" people might come extremely late.

I guess my question is...why would you want to go so late? The place is more on the expensive side and I would think you would want to get your moneys worth. It's a beautiful place and I can't imagine staying around the port instead? :confused:

Yes, they have lunch during certain hours. It's not an all day service.

Yes, they have certain times they take the snorkelers out for the tours as well.

As for the monkeys, they are out whenever the workers are around and there's interest in them or you can ask. They also take the lemurs and parrots out as well. :)

I have 2 reviews in my signature line if you haven't read them before. They have tons of pictures in them. We were just there in November and the place has changed A LOT since we were there prior to that. It has gotten even better and nicer.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a followup to my question. We were there last week and they were bringing people in until 10 am or so. There's a sort of schedule where the monkeys are fed in the morning so you can get a chance to have pictures with them after that.

The jaguar, which is apparently not the original male jaguar they rescued, eats around 12:30 and then they do pictures. They don't seem to have a limit on the number of people you can include on 1 "ticket" so it's possible there can be a couple of groups ahead of you. Everybody gets their individual picture even if it's 8 of them.

They ran out of paddle boards in the morning but after lunch lots of them were just sitting around unused so if you don't get what you want, you can maybe borrow or trade someone for one.

The glass bottom boat leaves pretty frequently. I think it was once or twice an hour.

Edited by LadySadie1
missing sruff

• 3 weeks later...
This is a followup to my question. We were there last week and they were bringing people in until 10 am or so. There's a sort of schedule where the monkeys are fed in the morning so you can get a chance to have pictures with them after that.

The jaguar, which is apparently not the original male jaguar they rescued, eats around 12:30 and then they do pictures. They don't seem to have a limit on the number of people you can include on 1 "ticket" so it's possible there can be a couple of groups ahead of you. Everybody gets their individual picture even if it's 8 of them.

They ran out of paddle boards in the morning but after lunch lots of them were just sitting around unused so if you don't get what you want, you can maybe borrow or trade someone for one.

The glass bottom boat leaves pretty frequently. I think it was once or twice an hour.

I think we're going to LFK while in Roatan, so I was interested in reading your post. The jaguar photo really intrigues me . . . are you restricted at all in taking your own photos/videos? What do they charge for photos they shoot?

• 2 weeks later...