On Scooter:Dining & Shows

On RCCL Navigator; this our 1st time with a scooter. I can only use a walker to get around now at home. Will I be able to drive right up to dine & also shows,or do We have to take walker all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, on your first day boarding, go directly to the main diningroom and ask to speak to the Maitre'D.. ask for a table where you can park your scooter nearby.. they will ALWAYS accomodate if they know ahead of dining time.. don't wait till last minute.. As for the theater I'm not sure.. I only cruise with Carnival and they have designated spots for scooters to park and you get to see the shows.. I cruised one time with NCL and they expect scooters and wheelchairs to be way at the back of the very last row.. not very happy about that.. will never cruise NCL again. So can't advise about RCCL on that one.. good luck and you will be fine.

I haven't been on RCCL in quite a bit but on Carnival they will have you drive over to the table. You will then exit the scooter and sit at the table. The dining room staff will then move your scooter to a place where it is not in the way. When you are done they will bring the scooter back and you will drive it on out.

On RCCL Navigator; this our 1st time with a scooter. I can only use a walker to get around now at home. Will I be able to drive right up to dine & also shows,or do We have to take walker all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can ride the scooter into the dining room. If you have Traditional Dining, than on embarkation day go to the dining room and check that there is a sufficient path to your assigned table. If you don't check ahead of time it's more difficult at the actual dinner time to have your tabled changed. If need to change table location than go see the Matre'D . IF MTD just let the Matre'D know that you need an table with easy access when you arrive for dinner.

Navigator's main theater only has accessible seating in the back row both on the main level and balcony level. This area tends to be taken up fast so suggest you arrive at the shows early.

I took my scooter everywhere, dining rooms and theatres included. This was with Cunard. The staff were very accomodating and helped with everything. I was given a dining table with plenty of space around it to park my scooter, I wasn't in the way at all.

Just ask for what you need, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

My husband takes his scooter into all the areas. He rides it up to our table and then if he can't leave it there, the waiters will drive it to the back of the dinning room and bring him the keys. When it was time for us to leave they would come get the key and bring it right back to our table. THEY ALL LOVED TO DRIVE IT and would race over to take it or get the keys to bring back. Head waiter stated it was the most fun they had on ship - LOL.

He also drives it to the theater. They have handicap seating spaces where you can park and sit on it or you can park it along the wall and sit in a nearby seat.

The ships are very accommodating to the scooters and such. We leave in 12 days and he is taking it again. He has taken his scooter on airplanes, cruises & Jamaica for land vacation :)

• 2 weeks later...

On Carnival Freedom I have left my scooter in an area outside the dining room and had a 10 top table close to the door. Last time, they put us at a two top and I rode my scooter to a perfect place just steps from the table yet it was totally out of the way for everyone.

I have been on many different lines with my scooter and never had any issues. Dining, theatre - always most welcomed and supported. Just beware of tendering, not all scooter are light enough to be lifted into the boats, but I did this a few times and it too was okay.