Need help on Yangon- for Seabourn Cruise

Johnny34

We will be coming to Yangon December 28 on Sojourn- docking at Mynamar International Terminals Thilawa Port.

Our ship is docking on at 12 noon that day. Then we overnight for 2 more days- and then leave at 12 noon on December 31.

1. Do you suggest I stay in a hotel in Yangon for 2 nights.- and return to ship on December 30?

I heard the traffic is terrible from the port and can take up to 2 hours. So if we stayed on the cruise ship it would be travelling 4 hours a day.

If we don't take the cruise shuttle how much would taxi cost to go into Yangon and come back ? Do you have to reserve or are they at the port?

2. What do you suggest for an itinerary in Yangon?

First day we would probably get to Yangon by 3:00 P.M.

Second day would have full day of touring.

Third day would have full day of touring and go back to cruise ship by 6:00 P.M.

We will not be going to Bagan or Mandalay.

Should we take a side trip to Bago? or Dala?

What should we do at night First and Second night in Yangon?

3. Would like to hire a private guide for 2nd and 3rd. day. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for all your information. It is very appreciated to hear all your thoughts.. Also any recommendations for great restaurants?

I was in Myanmar as part of a land tour so I cannot help with the port information. Yangon is large and chaotic in places (but that of course makes it interesting.) Be very careful walking as there is no consistency in what you may find underfoot.

I am interested in why you are not considering going to Bagan which is certainly worth the flight there and back.

In Myanmar we made many or our arrangements including all our flights with the local agency One Stop and they were wonderful - very organized, careful and on top of things. I think most of our flights were changed and they were on top of that and in communication with us to sort things out. They also organized an English speaking driver for our one full day in Bagan.

https://onestopmyanmar.com/

We spent time in Yangon visiting pagodas and markets. The Scot Market is great for textiles and souvenirs.