Grand Turk - two different tours

beshears

I know I could go to the Grand Turk area, but I thought, perhaps someone will see my question here first.

I have seen Grand Turk Express, and Island Tram Limited mentioned. If you have done either of these, I would appreicate you giving me some answers on my questions:

What is the cost?

How long is the tour?

What did you see/do on this tour?

Would you give me the pros/cons of your tour?

I think we did the Island Tram Limited, it was one done by Grand Turk Historic Preservation society, Get off boat and go left down beach past all the big commercial places to little beach bar with a big bottle sign on front advertising dollar beer, It cost about 20.00 a 3 years ago, if you have a large group you can negotiate a lower price. It takes you all around the island pointing out some of the historical sites on island, up to the light house and past the old salt pools that made the world Famous Grand Turk Salt, favored by George Washington, back in his day. The trip took about 45 minutes to an hour. I would do it again, only thing I could do without was short stop at a typical tourist straw market. Also while at the local bar on beach try some local brews, you can also sample conch fritters at little grill behind bar.

Edited by uncleg