Cell phone coverage

judymag

Agreed... ATT had the best coverage in my experience.

Telus offers the best coverage in Canada. @JudyMag: How many days are you in Canada?

I'm in Canada 7 days and 7 on the cruise I didn't want to buy wifi in the ship so was going to get a sim instead to surf and call home in Canada I'm staying with family so it's not very important

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Three of us went to Alaska with three different cell carriers. AT&T had the best coverage with Verizon second. T-Mobile had awful coverage on our trip. This was 3 years ago.

Thanks for this info I'll look at at&t tourist cards

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm travelling from Australia and cruising from Vancouver to Whittier then land tour to Kenai, Denali & Fairbanks, then flying to Seattle (24 hours) and back to Vancouver. I need to purchase a SIM card from Vancouver for text messaging, local calls (taxi etc) and data use (email, google, messenger etc.) Would AT&T cover all my needs or do I need a seperate SIM for Canada? Is the phone coverage good in and around Fairbanks, and up to Chenna Hot Springs? In Australia we need to fill in a contract with ID etc and activate the plan. Is this the same? Any information appreciated. Thanks :)

Something else to also consider... I remembered Australia (and New Zealand) sued Apple because the 4G hardware was very different than North America 5 years ago. I'm very curious to hear your 4G experience after your trip to North America. Are you limited to 2G speeds during your trip.

https://venturebeat.com/2012/03/27/apple-australia-ipad-4g-lawsuit/