Anyone CURRENTLY on NCL GEM 9 day ?

BBTT

Kind of personal question I guess but I've been a member here for about 10 years and almost always get reliable info here. My wife and 2 kids are group leader on board the current sailing with about 40 other pass. I talked with her yesterday when they were in PR. on face time and all was good(rough seas from N.Y. to PR) and we both agreed we would talk again today since verizon plan we have covers PR and St Thomas USVI. I saw the ship anchored on web cam but did not hear from her or either of the kids(even sent my daughter pictures of her dog playing in the fresh 10 inches of snow:eek: we got today with no reply back). I am confident they are ok (they have been on over a dozen cruises) but i am a worry wart. I wonder if since they were tendering that maybe the ship didn't turn off their wireless tower alowing them to use verizon signal or some other glitch prevented no call.-Anyone have any ideas as to what could have happened or anyone reading this that is onboard that might have details ? Or are they all having such a great time that they forgot about poor old dad that couldn't get time off to vacation with family. First time in 24 years that we haven't vacationed together.Just a poor old husband/father here that does enough worrying for the whole family so they don't need to.:confused:

From one worry wart to another, I know how you feel.

Like another poster said, they are most likely having fun and forgot to call.

For what it's worth, the ship is on course on its way to Phillipsburg.

I was watching her webcam today and they spent the whole day in St. Thomas.

Here's her current location.

Good luck and hopefully they will be in touch soon.

ImageUploadedByForums1417054667.087717.jpg.0f7ab66709dd2a811ec809daca044527.jpg

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

2014 July Breakaway

Edited by meatball_nyc

yes St Marteen is there stop tomorrow maybe they will think of old dad here and find a wifi hot spot and check in. It's the LEAST they could do since I insisted they not change our plans because I couldn't go-I still wanted them to go and have fun. I'll tell you one thing-Next years cruise will be the best and longest we have ever taken and i WILL be on it not stuck at home with a dog that misses them all and is acting up and a snow storm that just dumped 10 inches on us-The silver linning: two of my neighbors offered to bring me over a Thanksgiving platter-one at 2:00 and the other at 4:30 and I said yes to both of them-eating good tomorrow at least.:D (I'm not quite worried enough yet to spend $20.00+ for the phone call yet.:D

Edited by BBTT