7 day RT Glacier Bay Itinerary

luvSClake

Here is what I have:

Day 1 Seattle, (Marriott Waterfront) Visit Pikes Place Market, get a couple of bottles of wine for cruise, Space Needle, nice dinner (tbd)

Day 2 Board Star Princess, have champagne and beer pre-ordered for sailaway

Day 3 At Sea..have no idea, what all is there to do while at sea???

Day 4 Jeaneau, Roberts Tram, lunch, Mendenhall Glacier on our own, then evening whale watching with Harv and Marv

Day 5 Skagway, Train/Bus Yukon Tour with Chilkoot,tour town on our own

Day 6 Glacier Bay

Day 7 Ketchikan, Ziplining then short walk around town (only have 1/2 day here

Day 8 Inside Passage-will probably be ready for a massage after day 7 :)

Victoria, Pub tour - probably on our own

Anything else we should be sure to see during this time? I have poured over this site and have tried to take in all the recommendations, but it can be a little overwhelming. Any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Can't wait!!!

If this is what you like then it sounds fine. I would hold off on the Mt Roberts tram until you get there - if the weather is bad you might not want to go. Tickets are good for all day.

Skagway - you can't go wrong with Chilkoot - Skagway is not that big of a town so it won't take long to do a tour.

Ketchikan - You might also consider the Crab Fishermans Tour - or a trip into Misty Fjords - or seeing the Totem Bight /Saxman Village area.

As for your sea day - kick back and relax - you will need all your energy for the ports :)

On your first sea day, there should be a naturalist program, that most people find very informative.

You are on an itinerary with the least scenic sailing, so you may want to take more advantage when you sail inside passage.

On your first sea day, there should be a naturalist program, that most people find very informative.

You are on an itinerary with the least scenic sailing, so you may want to take more advantage when you sail inside passage.

I seriously doubt if this ship goes on the inside of Vancouver Island on the return trip - most Seattle RTs have to visit Victoria so they are going on the outside.

I seriously doubt if this ship goes on the inside of Vancouver Island on the return trip - most Seattle RTs have to visit Victoria so they are going on the outside.

The map and title of the cruise show Glacier Bay with Inside Passage. It has us going through the lower part of the Inside Passage after leaving Ketchikan. I was hoping to be able to plan this trip out of Vancouver, just didn't work out so we decided on RT out of Seattle. Everyone recommended I choose a cruise that included Glacier Bay, so with this and the tours while in port, I'm sure we will get plenty of scenery.

I have tried to plan excursions so we have some time in each town as well, we don't want to be running from one place to another yet hope to hit the highlights of each day.

I rest my case - you are traveling on the outside of Vancouver Island both directions. The Inside Passage that is shown on the map is but one portion of the true Inside Passage - the other part is staying on the inside of Vancouver Island. Only sailings out of Vancouver BC travel this route.

Good grief, I certainly know this.

I do NOT say inside Vancouver Island. Inside Passage- Alaska, From Ketchikan, through the likely 2 more ports it sails to route.

Archived