Easiest way to get up to Monaco Rock?

GrandmaHofmann

There is an elevator at the port's information center (just right hand side of the door) where cruise ships docks or tender boats arrive.

You arrive at the top of the port's wall. There you go straight ahead and you will find wheelchair signs. The way goes with beautiful views. The wheelchair entrance you find behind a parking area. Here you can use the elevator or escalators . They go 3 or 4 levels up and you arrive on the rock beside the Oceanographic Museum. The way to the cathedral and the castel goes very smooth up. Very easy and no costs.

The other possibility is to take a taxi.

Hope this helps you!:)

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get up to the Old Town on Monaco Rock? I have some difficulty walking and would like to get up there in the simplest manner.

There is an internet site, "Tom's Port guides" that has detailed directions for Monaco, complete with photos. If the link ( ww.tomsportguides.com/Monaco-06-20-2012.pdf) does not work, just google the site. We found the information very helpful. I hope you do too.

Are you walking or using a wheelchair? My husband is a terrible walker. We went to the tourist office and they gave us easy to understand instructions. I really like Tom's port guides but was so confused when I tried to figure out Monaco. My husband walked but I doubt if I could talk him into it again. If you aren't in a hurry and take your time, it is a pretty easy walk but slightly uphill. It is well worth it. We did the little train ride as that was easy for my husband. The Cathedral isn't far. My husband sat on a bench while I walked to the palace and changing of the guard.

• 1 month later...