Traditional Dining on Star

trbarton

There is one problem with the traditional dining rooms on the Grand Class Princess ships.. They are on deck six at the rear of the ship which is accessed by only 2elevators and a staircase . There are no bathrooms on that level ( you have to go up to deck 7 )

I use an electric scooter on the ship so this is a big problem for me.

It's a beautiful dining room if this does not pose a problem for you.

I have been on the Grand princess 3 times and will be on the Golden this summer and the Star next winter. Other than this issue we love this class ship.

We have found that they usually keep one side of one of the anytime dining rooms (early seating) for traditional dining. We ask our TA to request this for us.

There is one problem with the traditional dining rooms on the Grand Class Princess ships.. They are on deck six at the rear of the ship which is accessed by only 2elevators and a staircase . There are no bathrooms on that level ( you have to go up to deck 7 )

I use an electric scooter on the ship so this is a big problem for me.

It's a beautiful dining room if this does not pose a problem for you.

I have been on the Grand princess 3 times and will be on the Golden this summer and the Star next winter. Other than this issue we love this class ship.

We have found that they usually keep one side of one of the anytime dining rooms (early seating) for traditional dining. We ask our TA to request this for us.

Don't quite understand their thinking when they left the bathrooms out either in the DR or outside the doors. on deck 6.

They fixed it on newer ships (Diamond/Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald/Crown) etc.

Anybody know what dinning room is used for Traditional Dinning?

Thanks!

Tom:)

If you have early Traditional seating you may wind up in the Portofino Dining Room instead of the Amalfi. Last month on the Star to Hawaii it was used for the 5:30PM Traditional, converting to Anytime at 7:45PM. The Amalfi had two Traditional seatings: 5:45PM and 8:00PM. Here's a page from the Princess Patter that showed all the dining venues and hours.

13364905323_96fb876317_c.jpgStar Princess Patters - Hawaii by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Edited by Jasperdo