St Vincent: Capt Wayne, Fantasea, or other?

Mitwif

We are looking for a sailing trip for a group of people, and I'd be interested to hear about recent experiences with these tour operators. We used Capt Wayne 3 years ago and had a grand time, but I know he requires a minimum of 12 people. Right now there are six of us, with the possibility to add more. Any input on recent sailing tours would be welcome.

• 3 weeks later...
We are looking for a sailing trip for a group of people, and I'd be interested to hear about recent experiences with these tour operators. We used Capt Wayne 3 years ago and had a grand time, but I know he requires a minimum of 12 people. Right now there are six of us, with the possibility to add more. Any input on recent sailing tours would be welcome.

I can only go by my own experience with Capt. Wayne.

Would not suggest Capt. Wayne, as he was a no show for us a year and a half ago. We were in contact by numerous e-mail addresses, and by telephone right up to when we left on our cruise. The tour was arranged, and he said he would be there. Nothing, and not a word. He also would not answer his cell phone when we got there. An islander was kind enough to call him for us.

None of had e-mails from him after we got home.

We did enjoy St. Vincent. A smaller boat took us on a personalized tour that we threw together with him, and it turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip.

Do you know the name/website of this tour operator? As of now, I only have 6 people, and I know from past experience that Capt Wayne will not take a group smaller than 12.

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago I booked Capt. Wayne with a group of 24 of us from our roll call. Emails were answered promptly, he was very pleasant, answered my specific questions, and made a positive impression.

Sad to say, that was as good as it got. I had our group meet on the ship and we got off as a group, so that there was no waiting for stragglers. Unfortunately, Capt. Wayne was not at the dock waiting for us.

We waited and we waited and we waited. A local on one of the other boats in the area called him for us. The reply was that he was on his way. We waited another 20 minutes, the local called Wayne again. This time the story was that where his boat was docked for the night was locked and he had to wait for the place to open up.

Finally, an hour after he was to be there, he arrived. Our excursion was naturally cut short.

The boat was to have restroom facilities - it did not.

Wayne later told one of the men in our group that he had overslept.

Sorry, no recommendation from me.

• 1 month later...
Do you know the name/website of this tour operator? As of now, I only have 6 people, and I know from past experience that Capt Wayne will not take a group smaller than 12.

I haven't checked this thread in a while.

I will see if I can find it for you.

AC

• 4 weeks later...