Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 45

pierces

Things are kind of slow for this week in photo postings. Here are some samples from Monday evening in our Clintonville neighborhood of north Columbus. There was a special dinner at the "Seasoned Farmhouse" cooking school where our long-time friends Rich and Steve were putting on a multi-course dinner program for fall enjoyment. Need proof that things worked well? See my visual evidence below!!

Both Steve and Rich have done lots of local media programs doing reviews on various dining places in town, hosting national chefs visiting Columbus, doing books for Zagat, etc. We have shared travel tips, including my help for them doing in 2014 a trip visiting St. Petersburg, Moscow, etc.

Steve is really encouraging me to do more cooking in the kitchen, including preparing this type of meal. Sounds good and possible??!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 188,647 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Started out with a nice French wine and then a roasted beet salad with walnut gorgonzola dressing. Plus, some carrot and sweet potato soup! Look good?:

Oct2015PixsA6_zpst8ozezg4.jpg

Oct2015PixsA4_zpsggsvjt0t.jpg

Preparing the beef and sharing the various tips, secrets and ideas with braising, making the sauce great? YES!! Here are two visual samples as Rich and Steve are doing their kitchen magic. These braised short ribs were served with great sauce and Rich's rich polenta that all blended together so well. Yes, I got some more sauce!! Wonderful!!:

Oct2015PixsA5_zpsrjgtucwc.jpg

Oct2015PixsA2_zpsjyhorpcw.jpg

For dessert, it was apple pecan tart! How does this treat seem? Yes, it was fun and very good!:

Oct2015PixsA3_zpsix5t8fj5.jpg

Oct2015PixsA1_zps33ey6uxf.jpg

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, Tuesday November 3:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

You can only appreciate this if you've tried it! El Morro is NOT lit very well - sailing past at 11:20pm and trying to get a shot of it from a moving boat is quite the challenge - even with a fast F1.8 lens wide open, with stabilization, and ISO 12,800 (!!) I still was barely scratching a 1/6 shutter speed, and had to considerably bring up the shadows about 2 more stops in post processing:

original.jpg

Like snowflakes, no two of the little drawers for my Advent Calendar project are exactly alike. Machined perfection has its own beauty but I think the little irregularities show that I cared enough to make these with my own hands. An excuse...but it’s a good one.

p1704730491-5.jpg

Dave

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, Tuesday November 3

Appreciate seeing your San Juan pictures. We super loved that town, especially the historic and charming "Old Town" areas. Very interesting areas as detailed on some of my live/blog as connected below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 32,319 views for these postings.