Beach recs near port

psychmom

We're sailing on the Royal Caribbean Navigator next week and I think we just want to do a beach day when we arrive in Belize City. Are there any beaches near by to walk to or will be need transportation? Will it be easy to get a taxi once we disembark?

There are no beaches anywhere near the port (which takes 25-30 minutes to reach by water taxi). You would have to take a taxi to the water taxi which takes more than an hour to get to Caye Caulker, a lovely laid back island.

We took the water taxi to Caye Caulker in March. Tw water taxi pier is right next door to where the tender docks. You can walk. No need for a taxi. It was a long ride to get there. I just made sure to have a book. Google Caye Caulker split. It really isn't a beach in that area more like a dock you hang out on. You climb down a ladder to get in the water or jump off. You can swim across the split and there is a sandy beach over on the other side. The water is beautiful, there is a beach bar right there. Most of the people hanging out also had cruise ship beach towels haha. It was a fun adventuresome day to go off like that on out own. We would do it again.

Nothing right off the tender. I would shift things around and plan on an excursion in Belize and do your own thing in a different port.

We're sailing on the Royal Caribbean Navigator next week and I think we just want to do a beach day when we arrive in Belize City. Are there any beaches near by to walk to or will be need transportation? Will it be easy to get a taxi once we disembark?