Getting off ship in Auckland , looking for a 2 hour tour

I can't seem to find anyone posting that they took a 2 hour tour to see Auckland before heading to the airport. My flight is at 2:30pm

I would even book a private driver. ( luggage in tow)

Anyone have any ideas or personal experience.?

thanks.

Edited by ISLABONITA

I suppose luggage would be an issue but you could always just look around Auckland CBD itself (the Water front, museum, Sky tower and Botanical Gardens, etc) and then head to the airport.

there are some bag storage places, I found this one on this CC -

http://www.aucklandnz.com/discover/faqs

Where in Auckland can I store my luggage?

You can store a few pieces of luggage at the Princes Wharf i-SITE Visitor Information Centre during business hours (the latest pick up is at 5pm). There is a small charge for this of $5.00 per bag for up to four hours and $10.00 per bag for a full day. Luggage storage at the i-SITE cannot be booked, and is available on a first in, first served basis. The Princes Wharf i-SITE is located a five-minute walk from the Queens Wharf cruise terminal and two-minute walk from the Princes Wharf cruise arrival terminal. For more information, phone 0800 AUCKLAND (0800 282 552).

i-SITE Visitor Information Centres

Alternatively there are coin-operated luggage lockers at the Britomart Transport Centre situated on Lower Queen Street. The lockers are situated on the train platform level and are available 24 hours a day.

It depends who you're sailing with of course, but most cruise lines provide a debark tour from the ship to the airport. It usually covers most of the significant tourist sights including at least one stop and your luggage just goes along with you.

We were faced with similar issue when our cruise on Solstice docked in Auckland. We found that the Visitor Centre did not open until about 9am so stored our luggage at Britomart...see details from previous post. We then caught the Auckland Hop On Hop Off Bus which leaves close to Princes Wharf. This took about 1-1/2 hrs and was excellent. We didn't get off the bus but saw all the best tourist sites of Auckland. We then returned and collected our luggage and caught the AirBus out to the International Airport in plenty of time for our 2pm flight back to Sydney.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

We were faced with similar issue when our cruise on Solstice docked in Auckland. We found that the Visitor Centre did not open until about 9am so stored our luggage at Britomart...see details from previous post. We then caught the Auckland Hop On Hop Off Bus which leaves close to Princes Wharf. This took about 1-1/2 hrs and was excellent. We didn't get off the bus but saw all the best tourist sites of Auckland. We then returned and collected our luggage and caught the AirBus out to the International Airport in plenty of time for our 2pm flight back to Sydney.

Perfect! I see too that one can walk to the Sky tower and the Martine museum.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Perfect! I see too that one can walk to the Sky tower and the Martine museum.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Meant to say Maritime museum..

CCC's , Where did you pick up the Sky/ Airbus? and did you buy the ticket online?

Yes i did purchase Sky/Airbus tickets on line and we caught that bus very close to the dock area. When you book online there is a map which shows all the city pick up points. It was all very hassle free.