What to do?

Dgshooter

I posted this on the Roll Call, but I thought this would get a few more reads.

Well, life has thrown me a curve. I put a deposit down for a honeymoon cruise on the Divina Oct 11. My was to be bride called it off.

Now trying to figure out what to do. I can keep the reservations and go on my own or book another cruise on a different line. If I stay on the Divina, they don't have any breaks for singles and it will cost me $500 more than if I go with Carnival. Of course, I could go with someone else, but I don't know anyone who would like to go.

It wouldn't be such a problem, except that the final payment is due July 27.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, life has thrown me a curve. I put a deposit down for a honeymoon cruise on the Divina Oct 11. My was to be bride called it off.

Now trying to figure out what to do. I can keep the reservations and go on my own or book another cruise on a different line. If I stay on the Divina, they don't have any breaks for singles and it will cost me $500 more than if I go with Carnival. Of course, I could go with someone else, but I don't know anyone who would like to go.

Sorry to hear that Dgshooter,,,I've been turned down before,,long ago I might add so I definitely feel your pain!!:( My suggestion would be to call MSC and speak with a PVC and find out if there are any cancellation penalties. I believe you get a 100% refund so long as you are before the 75 day cutoff but I'm not totally positive. Best of luck to you!!

I'd go on Carnival .....just because I know I'd be thinking too much about the "honeymoon" on the Divina. Use that $500 to "wine & dine" someone new.

Which ever you decide....enjoy!

I would go with this suggestion;).

You need some stress-less time now,so go and try to enjoy a cruise whichever you choose!:)

Well, I went ahead and booked a six day on the Carnival Breeze. It's leaving on the return day of the Divina trip I had originally planned.

Thanks to all who responded. I do hope to sail on the Divina in the future.

Dave

Well, I went ahead and booked a six day on the Carnival Breeze. It's leaving on the return day of the Divina trip I had originally planned.

Dave

Glad to know somebody listens to me...... :)

Dave

Best of luck, Dave.

Hope you have a great time and not spend too much of it dwelling on what could have been.

I think you made a wise decision to change the booking - no overtones with this one.

Best of luck, Dave.

Hope you have a great time and not spend too much of it dwelling on what could have been.

I think you made a wise decision to change the booking - no overtones with this one.

I agree.

There was a horror story recently on the solo forum where a guy was in a similar position and he went ahead and had the fancy honeymoon cruise on his own. Didn't work out as there were constant reminders of what might have been....... Think there were also some mix ups with the cruise line organising things for the "happy couple"

Much better to mKe new plNs and have a different holiday.

Hope it all works out for you.

I think you have made great, new vacation plans. I am sorry that this happened to you, but better days are ahead. Good luck, OP.