Sailing from Galveston

cindytx3092

We are going to be sailing out of Galveston, will drive to the port. Any suggestions on what time to arrive, where to park???

Thanks in advance for port advice.

We use EZ Cruise parking. Google, and make a reservation online.

There is a discount code until October: EZPARK

CRUZIN LADY

Edited by cruzin lady

We are going to be sailing out of Galveston, will drive to the port. Any suggestions on what time to arrive, where to park???

Thanks in advance for port advice.

We got there about 11am last month, checked in, and walked right on the ship.

Also ParkNCruise is another great private parking. Can park across the street from the port. They offer indoor parking. Can actually park inside old warehouse type building. Car is protected all week. You can Google them as well.

We usually get to port between 10:30 - 10:45. Pull through, drop off luggage, go park car and walk over with carry on. Ready to board around 11:00.

We have also used Park N Cruise. It is very convenient just to walk across the street especially when you get off the ship.

There is also another place which is right on the corner by the red light. It is VIP Galveston Parking. We parked there once but at that time they had different owners.

They are both nice places because you are able to park indoors and you car stays safe and clean.

We usually drive in a day early and stay in a hotel the night before doing never have to worry about missing the ship. The last 2 yrs we've actually parked at the hotel and used a transfer service. It was great and hassle free. I call them as we are working our way through customs. They pick us up and take us back to the hotel. It works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Galveston Park & Cruise last year and were veryhappy with them. We loved the fact our car was inside out of the weather. As statedabove, we got there about 10:30 and pulled through the terminal and dropped ourbags off, drove across the street and parked and then walked back across withonly our carryon bag with what we needed before our room was ready. We areusing them again this year. Only 24 more days till my car is under their roof.Can’t wait!!

Edit: I almost forgot. It was also great to do self disembarkation. We kept our bags in our room the last night, took them off the ship with us and pulled them across the street, loaded them in the car and hit the road. No sifting through bags in the baggage claim and no waiting on shuttles. Just my opinion, as some don't like pulling their bags across the street.

Edited by Cruiser 23218