Flight time after cruise question

wacruiser77

I am on the Emerald arriving back at Houston on Feb 1. Does anyone have information on embarkation times? I am looking at a flight out of Hobby that leaves at 1:45PM and am thinking that by taking my own bags off I can make this flight. I have not cruised out of this port or with Princess so it is new to me.

In February, fog is always a distinct possibility, and ships can be very delayed. We always sail in February (out of Galveston), and have been delayed at either end of the trip several times. This past February, we weren't able to dock until after 2pm. You just never know. All you can do is hope for the best and plan for the worst! If the 1:45 flight is your best option, then I would take it, but just absolutely have trip insurance in case you have to go to plan b.

Edited by crazy4themouse

I am on the Emerald arriving back at Houston on Feb 1. Does anyone have information on embarkation times? I am looking at a flight out of Hobby that leaves at 1:45PM and am thinking that by taking my own bags off I can make this flight. I have not cruised out of this port or with Princess so it is new to me.

Barring a fog delay it's no problem. It's only 20 miles from Bayport Terminal to Hobby.

Use the cruise ship's transfer.

If you're flying Southwest Airline, sign on the day before using the ship's internet café.

I sign on to my flights exactly 24 hours before departure time.:)

Edited by Stevesan

Just watch how close you cut it. I originally booked a late afternoon flight out of IAH. The airline (Air Canada) has bumped my flight times up THREE TIMES! I'm now looking at early afternoon. Fingers crossed there is no delays debarking and getting to the airport for us!

Just watch how close you cut it. I originally booked a late afternoon flight out of IAH. The airline (Air Canada) has bumped my flight times up THREE TIMES! I'm now looking at early afternoon. Fingers crossed there is no delays debarking and getting to the airport for us!

American airlines will usually change you to another flight if they are the ones to change the flight and with no charge. Thinking though Air Canada may have only the one flight going to your area?

Edited by DaNana