Angkor Wat Experience

Turk321

Has anyone done Angkor Wat experience on Regent. I'm thinking of flying out of Bangkok on the day we return from Siem Reap. Want to book my flight that evening but have no idea what time we will return. Help please. Ron

Avoid the bus and the crowd. You don't need Regent to go to Ankor Wat. Do the whole trip on your own and you can be in control of the time. Booking air in Thailand or for that matter the rest of SE Asia is easy and in English. Stay at any of the nicer hotels in AW and book tours to the sites through the Hotel. The Hotel will set you up with an experienced guide with a separate car and driver.

We did AW mid cruise a few years ago (HKK to SDY). Left the ship in BKK and flew to AW (3 nights) and then caught up with the ship in Singapore. Stayed at the Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor which is a remodeled Colonial era "Grand Hotel."

Enjoy.

j

However you get there-- just be SURE you do it! AW is still one of the highlights of all our travels throughout the world. We went after a cruise and I was exhausted from all the traveling. I was ready to pass. The trip to AW exceeded all my expectations and was the highlight of our trip. Enjoy!