snorkeling - cabo san lucas and/or Huatulco

DorothyB

I've never gone snorkeling, although many, many years ago I was a certified diver.

I'd like to go snorkeling on my cruise at the end of September.

I know typically it is much less expensive to book something other than the cruise excursion - can anyone recommend a company?

I live part time in Cabo San Lucas and the company that a lot of locals use is the Rissalena. It is a family run operation, the day tour is 3 hours, $55/person, includes open bar and a full lunch. Max 24 passengers. They do not have a web site, you can reach them at rissacat@prodigy.net.mx. There are Trip Advisor reviews on them. If that is more than you want to spend, Cabo Escape is another good choice. You can google them. They are closer to the tender pier than the Rissalena.

• 2 weeks later...

A good place to snorkel in Huatulco is playa la Entrega. You can take the water taxi or a regular taxi ($5 or $6 per cab). I don't know if they rent gear there but the snorkeling is very good.

I have also snorkeled off Honeymoon beach in Cabo but it is necessary to watch for boats. I'm sure the snorkel tours are better, but I did see a lot of fish.

• 3 weeks later...