Is Pigeon Island worth the visit?

ZANEMOSELEY

This is the second time we'll be visiting St Lucia, the first time we went on Cosol's tour and had a good time. We found Pigeon Island as a possibility for this stop, funny name as it doesn't appear to actually be an island. We'll be traveling this time with our 8 year old daughter. After looking at pictures of the park I'm afraid she'll get bored as there reall don't seem to be a lot of activities there and very little in the way of beach fun. So should we go or skip? St. Lucia seems to be a very hard place to plan for as there aren't many beaches.

This is the second time we'll be visiting St Lucia, the first time we went on Cosol's tour and had a good time. We found Pigeon Island as a possibility for this stop, funny name as it doesn't appear to actually be an island. We'll be traveling this time with our 8 year old daughter. After looking at pictures of the park I'm afraid she'll get bored as there reall don't seem to be a lot of activities there and very little in the way of beach fun. So should we go or skip? St. Lucia seems to be a very hard place to plan for as there aren't many beaches.

Pigeon Island did used to be an island. The causeway connecting it to the mainland was built about 15/20 years ago. It's technical name is now Pigeon Point, but it will take a long, long time for Pigeon Island to die out.

As for "worth it or not" - no one can make that determination for you. It's a beautiful national park woth hikes, ruins, beach and reefs, SNUBA, great local restaurant, large grassy area and lots of history. If that isn't of much interest to you and yours, then likely not worth it.

The Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island water park may be of more interest on the north end of Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay. Large inflatable splash Park and obstacle course to play on, with all the rest of typical beach a riveted - sunbathing, water sports, jet skis, etc.. Perhaps a good alternative...

I looked at the water park and it looks really neat, I can't say I've ever seen anything like it before. Now I gotta talk my wife into going there instead of Pigeon Island.

Is it safe to say the beach there is packed most days?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I looked at the water park and it looks really neat, I can't say I've ever seen anything like it before. Now I gotta talk my wife into going there instead of Pigeon Island.

Is it safe to say the beach there is packed most days?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Packed is a gross exaggeration. Especially down at rhe end by Bay Gardens and the splash Park. There can be a fair amount of people, especially immediately in front of the drop off area, but we're talking maybe two rows of chairs with space in between the chairs. It's not people shoulder to shoulder packed like sardines by any means... It's a long stretch of beach, most folks are near where the drop off point is and Spinnakers restaurant, the further north or south of that the less crowded it is. Also can depend on how many ships in port. One ship, you'll hardly notice anyone. 5 ships, it will be more crowded...