Tropical storm in St. Maarten

katjoeus

Wow, I just watched a video of that recent tropical storm on St. Maarten - scary!!! I truly hope this won't happen when we're there in mid-September...guess we'll be taking lots of reading material, in case we get stuck on the ship for days :D

We were thinking of booking rental cars for some of the stops, but if the weather is like this, that won't work! Does anyone know if there is a clause in the contract that would let us cancel without penalty?

Wow, I just watched a video of that recent tropical storm on St. Maarten - scary!!! I truly hope this won't happen when we're there in mid-September...guess we'll be taking lots of reading material, in case we get stuck on the ship for days :D

We were thinking of booking rental cars for some of the stops, but if the weather is like this, that won't work! Does anyone know if there is a clause in the contract that would let us cancel without penalty?

OK, first off - this is the St Lucia board, a country a good ways south of St Maarten.

Secondly - what tropical storm in St Maarten? None of the tropical storms or hurricanes this year have hit St Maarten, although there's still 3 months to go on hurricane season.

If you're meaning the recent tropical wave that's brushed through the Caribbean, and is headed to Florida - it's not a tropical storm as yet, and wasn't when it dumped on many of the islands... The Caribbean is pretty clear of any tropical systems right now. As always that can change pretty quickly. Stormcarib.com for up-to-the-minute updates, satellite pics, info from those on the ground, etc.

I suggest posting your question in the St Maarten forum, where you'll get answers from frequent visitors and locals there...