Enchantment of the Seas - 6 year old

Padani

Hi - this is my first post here. :)

Early in May, we (myself, DH and DD5) did the 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream. We really enjoyed it, and I booked a placeholder with intent to book the 7 night Fantasy cruise for May 2018.

In the meantime we made a somewhat spontaneous decision and I put down a deposit on a May 2017 4 night Bahamas cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. I chose this cruise because we wanted to have a few days pre-cruise to experience Miami, this itinerary includes Key West (a stop on my bucket list), Royal seems to be the line closest to Disney in the family-friendly rankings, and the price was right. I accept that it is a smaller, older ship that doesn't have as many bells and whistles and I"m not interested in the mega-ships like Allure or Oasis.

But after reading a ton more reviews of EOTS I'm starting to wonder if it is the right choice. Most of the comments seem to focus more on the bars, the bars and the bars, and there is not as much feedback from families - especially including younger children. Maybe this is too much of an adult experience? DD loved the pool slide, ice cream, princesses and movies on demand from the Dream, and EOTS has only one of these to offer. But maybe she would like the kids club and trampoline just as much, right?

So after that loooooong buildup - I would love to hear comments from people who have experienced this ship/itinerary with kids ages 5-8 or so, and what they thought about it. THANKS!

The 4-night Enchantment of the Seas was just "meh". The food was fine, but these are party cruises. People were really drinking. 4 girls in the adjacent cabin were cranking their music and it annoyed the crap out my thirteen year old son. So I don't recommend these short cruises. The ship was just ok- nothing special. If you like sports and beer and a rowdy bunch it will be fine.