Best balcony for smoker/nonsmoker couple.

lucigo

My husband smokes and I don't. What is the best balcony choice for us? I would like to be able to breathe on the balcony, and he would like to smoke on the balcony. I respect his right to smoke and enjoy his vacation. Should we go with a cove, regular, or aft balcony? Or does it even matter?

What did you do on your other 18 cruises?

I would not go for the cove...other than that, I don't think it matters.

We have had an aft balcony on the two that he has cruised with me in a balcony. Before that we used to sail in an inside cabin.

So I guess what I'm really wondering is if the regular balcony or cove balcony pretty much have the same outcome, or if we already have our best solution.

Why can't you breathe:confused: Sounds like a personal problem.

Sounds sort of nasty and rude. Tired of people being that way. Perhaps you didn't really mean it that way but that's how it comes across to me. I cant catch my breath around smoke and yes, it's my personal problem.

OP, Just sit upwind of him.

We have had an aft balcony on the two that he has cruised with me in a balcony. Before that we used to sail in an inside cabin.

So I guess what I'm really wondering is if the regular balcony or cove balcony pretty much have the same outcome, or if we already have our best solution.

A cove is much more enclosed. Have never had an aft, but everyone says it is windy. What ship is it? Maybe you can go for one of the bowling alley ...L shaped balconies. Twice as long...so you sit on one end of the balcony and he sits on the other...:)

My husband smokes and I don't. What is the best balcony choice for us? I would like to be able to breathe on the balcony, and he would like to smoke on the balcony. I respect his right to smoke and enjoy his vacation. Should we go with a cove, regular, or aft balcony? Or does it even matter?

I would say a cabin far aft, if you are taking into consideration the other non-smokers around you. The smoke blows to the back, and a higher deck would also be an option. I have an occasional cigar, but usually go up on deck, or to a lounge which allows it (only a few of these left on Carnival).

My Dh also smokes and I do not. We always get a balcony. We've had aft balconies which we love but the smoke does linger a little more due to less breeze. It also effects neighbors more. Our last cruise we had a side balcony near the aft. It worked really well because smoke was immediately sent off to the breeze. We've booked side balcony for upcoming cruise as well.

A cove is much more enclosed. Have never had an aft, but everyone says it is windy. What ship is it? Maybe you can go for one of the bowling alley ...L shaped balconies. Twice as long...so you sit on one end of the balcony and he sits on the other...:)

Agree that the cove is more enclosed and would be more difficult with the smoking issue for OP. However, aft balconies hardly get any wind.

My husband and I smoke and always have an aft. The smoke goes straight out when the ship is moving. We have never had any complaints from beside, below or above us so we spend the extra to always be back there. We also do not spend a ton of time out there , just once in a while. We respect non smokers and only smoke where it is allowed.

I thought smoking was not allowed on balconies anymore??? I know princess and RCI don't allow it,, if Carnival allows it I am glad I am getting OV this time..

Carnival and NCL still allow balcony smoking.

I think the Spa balconies are non-smoking however