Not for the Sporting Person?

JoeRe

What attracted me to this cruise was the commitment in the "during your cruise" document to tennis and volleyball tournaments. I was expecting to play tennis and volleyball on the ship everyday! Well that didn't happen. The boat has a nice sports court but it is not utilized very well. They have the tennis and volleyball nets to put up, but gave various excuses for not doing so. Because of this I will probably not go on this cruise line again. They just don't meet their commitments. The shows were good, including singing, dancing and some acrobatics, juggling, and contortionism. There were no comedy shows. The food was OK. Sometimes there was a wide selection of vegetables in the buffet, sometimes not. Ice cream was available , but at pool side, not in the buffet (quite an inconvenience).

What attracted me to this cruise was the commitment in the "during your cruise" document to tennis and volleyball tournaments. I was expecting to play tennis and volleyball on the ship everyday! Well that didn't happen. The boat has a nice sports court but it is not utilized very well. They have the tennis and volleyball nets to put up, but gave various excuses for not doing so. Because of this I will probably not go on this cruise line again. They just don't meet their commitments. The shows were good, including singing, dancing and some acrobatics, juggling, and contortionism. There were no comedy shows. The food was OK. Sometimes there was a wide selection of vegetables in the buffet, sometimes not. Ice cream was available , but at pool side, not in the buffet (quite an inconvenience).

JoRe,

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You are on the MSC forum but could help the community by telling us which MSC ship you were on and when.

Food is incredibly subjective - it seems. There is nothing I wont't eat (unless it is still moving on my plate) but I always prefer my own cooking - as should anyone who cares about cooking. I have loved and been constantly surprised by MSC food.

I have not heard of MSC's commitment to tennis and volleyball except that these facilities exist on the largest Fantasia Class. Perhaps you were mis-sold by your agent?

From my experience, of mostly dipping into the buffet between meals, the buffet runs for 20 hrs per day and is constantly changing. Not only are all the main choices changed several times a day from side to side of the ship but the choices are also totally different everyday. I would not be surprised if one thing you liked in one place once was available, at least in the same place, ever again.

I have never been able to tolerate MSC shows.

Each to their own!

Edited by Skipper Tim

Speaking of sports, my son asked me if the Divina had basketball courts? Every cruise we have been on had that and let him play a little if he wanted. Looking at the deck plans, I am thinking the Divina does not? Could anyone clarify for me? Thanks!!!

Speaking of sports, my son asked me if the Divina had basketball courts? Every cruise we have been on had that and let him play a little if he wanted. Looking at the deck plans, I am thinking the Divina does not? Could anyone clarify for me? Thanks!!!

Day2-75_zps581db9c4.jpg

from Gambee's photos,,

Right behind the 'smoke stack' is the sports area with a B-Ball hoop!:D

Edited by American Bear