How is Princess for a solo?

LRY229

Just received an email from Princess for several 4 & 5 night cruises in Oct/Nov from Ft Lauderdale for $199pp with up to $200pp OBC. Total cost for inside was $494 with a $400 OBC. This was a 5 night to Princess Cay & Grand Turk.

I've never cruised Princess - Anyone have experience sailing as a solo on Princess?

At that price (with the OBC) I'm not sure I can pass this up!!

Just received an email from Princess for several 4 & 5 night cruises in Oct/Nov from Ft Lauderdale for $199pp with up to $200pp OBC. Total cost for inside was $494 with a $400 OBC. This was a 5 night to Princess Cay & Grand Turk.

I've never cruised Princess - Anyone have experience sailing as a solo on Princess?

At that price (with the OBC) I'm not sure I can pass this up!!

Don't know, but I'll find out in 3 weeks :) Just booked the Oct 4 7-night Caribbean at a pretty amazing price myself.

BACK FROM CARIBBEAN PRINCESS SEPT1-SEPT6 2014 as a solo.

had a pleasant time and was comfortable with the activities. standout was the dining. was asked if I minded sharing table with others, had anytime dining. I did share and there were 3 other singles at the table each nite and then 3 different friendly couples each night

no specific solo activities, but all were enjoyable.

average age of the cruiser were 45-65. so if you are younger this might not be the cruise for you.

I had a solo balcony cabin and liked it. I ate breakfast at the horizon buffet and people were always asking to join me at my table if the buffet was crowded.

I would do this cruise again but only for the reduced price with the OBC.

HOWEVER, I was on the NCL GETAWAY THE WEEK BEFORE AUG23-AUG30 and had much more fun time as there are activities for solos including the specific solo lounge.

BACK FROM CARIBBEAN PRINCESS SEPT1-SEPT6 2014 as a solo.

had a pleasant time and was comfortable with the activities. standout was the dining. was asked if I minded sharing table with others, had anytime dining. I did share and there were 3 other singles at the table each nite and then 3 different friendly couples each night

no specific solo activities, but all were enjoyable.

average age of the cruiser were 45-65. so if you are younger this might not be the cruise for you.

I had a solo balcony cabin and liked it. I ate breakfast at the horizon buffet and people were always asking to join me at my table if the buffet was crowded.

I would do this cruise again but only for the reduced price with the OBC.

HOWEVER, I was on the NCL GETAWAY THE WEEK BEFORE AUG23-AUG30 and had much more fun time as there are activities for solos including the specific solo lounge.

Thanks for the info. I'm 55, so should be OK. I think I've talked a girl friend into going me. Heck - someone else is cooking and cleaning - that's worth it alone.

• 1 month later...

Have a great cruise. My friend and I leave 11/3 on the Ruby. Leaving the DHs at home and having a very relaxing girls cruise.

We are very excited to experience Princess. We both love our Carnival & RCCL cruises, but its time to try something new.

Have a great cruise. My friend and I leave 11/3 on the Ruby. Leaving the DHs at home and having a very relaxing girls cruise.

We are very excited to experience Princess. We both love our Carnival & RCCL cruises, but its time to try something new.

Well I will be on this cruise solo. I love the Ruby. She is my favorite Princess. Coming from Ft Myers FL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've done 2 solo cruises on Princess (Crown & Diamond) and they were both wonderful - would not hesitate to book another one!

Tried different dining options each time:

- "My Time Dining" on Crown, where I met two super friendly ladies travelling together - we ended up meeting every night for dinner after that.

- "Assigned Dining" on Diamond, sat with two sisters plus 3 other solo ladies, had a great time with all of them.

Enjoy your upcoming cruising, regardless of which line you choose.

Any other solos booked for this cruise to western Caribbean? It's my first solo cruise. I'm looking forward to some solitude, but I'm also pretty friendly and enjoy meeting new people.

Check the Princess roll call boards for your sailing date. There are probably other Cruise Critic readers sailing with you, and some might be solo.

Any other solos booked for this cruise to western Caribbean? It's my first solo cruise. I'm looking forward to some solitude, but I'm also pretty friendly and enjoy meeting new people.

Definitely check your roll call. We have several solo on ours. My friend ended up booking with me or I would have been solo too. Enjoy your cruise - the 1st solo is the hardest.

Thanks! I am on the roll call, but thought I'd ask here as well. I think I will enjoy solo cruising. I'm pretty friendly and enjoy meeting new people, but I also like spending time alone. I'm flexible. :)

Are you on the Ruby November 3rd? Not sure which cruise you are going on. I'm going Solo on the 11/3 Ruby.

Susan

I'm on the Caribbean Princess, Nov. 24. Hope you enjoy your cruise on Ruby!

I like the Caribbean as well. Been on her for a Solo in August. She has the vines bar which I really enjoy. Met a lot of Solo cruisers there. The staff is very friendly. She is getting older and so there have been some people that complain about her age.. but she is a nice ship to sail on so have a great time. The CB only posted 1 solo meet and greet but it was a 4 day cruise, so maybe they will have something for a different cruise. Thanksgiving cruises tend to have more singles as they dont have any place special to go for the holiday.. If I wasnt on a cruise Nov 3rd and Dec 7th I thought about that cruise.

I like the Caribbean as well. Been on her for a Solo in August. She has the vines bar which I really enjoy. Met a lot of Solo cruisers there. The staff is very friendly. She is getting older and so there have been some people that complain about her age.. but she is a nice ship to sail on so have a great time. The CB only posted 1 solo meet and greet but it was a 4 day cruise, so maybe they will have something for a different cruise. Thanksgiving cruises tend to have more singles as they dont have any place special to go for the holiday.. If I wasnt on a cruise Nov 3rd and Dec 7th I thought about that cruise.

Thanks, Susan. I'm looking forward to the ship and to trying the Princess line. I am a pretty low-maintenance traveler and have cruised on smaller, older ships a number of times. I always have fun!

I've cruised a bunch, though never completely solo. However, I have cruised with just my son, who often dumped me for the kids' and teens' programs, so I have spent a lot of time to myself on a cruise ship. I've always been comfortable on my own, or sometimes striking up conversations with new people.

Hope you have a great time on your TWO upcoming cruises... I'm jealous! :)