Divina: Arts and Crafts (adult)

Arsinoe

Has anyone here participated in the arts and craft programs on the Divina?

What sort of projects do people work on?

Is it the same every day, or different?

Do they provide supplies? Do you need to purchase things? Or do people bring their own projects (sketch books, knitting, bead work)?

And, lastly, did you purchase any local crafts in any of the ports?

I only went a couple of times as the times conflicted with trivia.

All supplies are free.

One day we made little boxes out of paper. Another day we had white tshirts supplied with paints to design our own tshirt. They had lots of transfers to trace the design. I did not see anyone bringing their own projects.

I did not purchase any local crafts in the ports -except a lovely embroidered dress for my granddaughter in Cozumel.

I am not an artsy craftsy person, so I paid no attention to the offerings on our Divina cruise in September 2014.

HOWEVER, one of our table mates in the MDR did attend. All the ladies at our table received some very nice paper flowers from her efforts. She absolutely enjoyed that class. A day or two later, she attended the T shirt painting class, but was not impressed.

My daughter(14) and I did the jewelry making on our last cruise. It was not free, you purchased a little kit with all the materials needed to make the piece you liked. The kits included murano glass bead and there was a pretty assortment. I thought the prices were very reasonable and it was a way to make souvenirs together - which we still wear all the time.

My daughter(14) and I did the jewelry making on our last cruise. It was not free, you purchased a little kit with all the materials needed to make the piece you liked. The kits included murano glass bead and there was a pretty assortment. I thought the prices were very reasonable and it was a way to make souvenirs together - which we still wear all the time.

I think we would enjoy doing that together. Do you have to pre register or just show up?

I think we would enjoy doing that together. Do you have to pre register or just show up?

You just show up! It will be in the daily schedule several times during the cruise. Here is a picture of the bracelet and necklaces that we each made.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11vtusp&s=8

Edited by mrstrod

Thanks for all the great feedback.

We will be on the December 6th Western Carribean sailing. Would enjoy meeting others with an arts inclination.

(Totally not a morning person, though. My creative juices start to flow after lunch. ):rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...