Hotels reserved

simplelife

Our June Victory sailing seems closer now that I have made our reservations for our precruise and postcruise hotels. I got a great rate for the precruise night through AAA and HHonors at the Miami Airport. Hampton Inn. We'll have a long drive that day, so all we really want is a good nights sleep - no entertainment, etc. and I have found Hampton to be very reliable. Postcruise we have decided to spend a few days in Key West. I've reserved a room at the Conch House B & B. The reviews are very good; I hope we made the right decision.

Getting excited

Congratulations! I know that feeling when the plan comes together. My Victory cruise will be a few months later, so I am still shopping around for hotel pre-cruise. You are doing a good thing by spending a few more days post cruise. It makes the last day on board not so sad. I might do that too. Have a great cruise!:)

I would love to see a review of hotel and cruise when you come back if you can.

Edited by SMSACE6

I got a great rate for the precruise night through AAA and HHonors at the Miami Airport. Hampton Inn.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon near MIA? :confused: Often suggested on this board with shopping and dining options across the street. Nice hotel in a nicer area near MIA. Good Luck! :)

Thanks for the info John. I checked Hhonors and the same AAA rate (for a non-prepay, free cancellation) on the Blue Lagoon Hampton is $31 more than the Doral Hampton - might be worth it if we were spending time in the area. Since we are arriving fairly late and don't need shopping or dining options (will eat somewhere along the way), I think we will save the $31to offset other expenses. If a find a better rate, I still have the option of changing the reservation.