cruise project

cperk97

Go on the cruise and have fun. Educational opportunities will arise without much trouble

Just talking to your kids about stuff works too

Over the last few weeks I have had great educational conversations with my middle high school and college kids regarding the summer of 1969

We discussed the such events as the moon landing. Chappaquiddick. Woodstock. Charles Manson. Hiroshima. Nixon resignation. All of these events had significant anniversaries this summer so we took time to speak of them. Regardless of wether they were happy events or not

And funny thing the kids were out of school as well but we still had education time.

We don't take our kids out of school to cruise because they don't want to miss class and face it they are older and shouldn't miss too much but oh how I wish we had taken them out when they were younger!!

I guess what I am saying is dont sweat looking for a project to do. Just make learning a 24/7 experience and it will take care of itself

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Several years ago we were on a trip to France for a family celebration.

I was following my BIL's car as he drove through Paris. He led me around the Arc de Triomphe during rush hour. Scared the hell out of me.

My 9-year-old son had the video camera going in the back seat. I am sorry to say that in my terror my language was not exactly pristine.

Upon returning home, my son took the video to school for show and tell. The teacher asked why he didn't turn the sound on. He replied: "My Daddy told me not to."

In Bermuda, we took the ferry over to St. George's and onboard was a volunteer, who provided all kinds of useful information and answered questions. Once at the ferry landing, more volunteers were there to give guided walking tours of St. George. We lucked into a small group with one lady whose ex-husband's family were the original settlers there. Loved answering questions. Before taking the ferry back, several locals struck up conversations. Very, very friendly people