Breakaway NCL

turquoise 6

I would like some feedback about the Breakaway.NCL

Is it gay friendly ? It is always being advertised as a family cruise

Ship.

It's convenient for everyone living in NY Metro

Area and avoid flying to Florida for a cruise

The Breakaway was the prettiest ship I have sailed on yet and Bermuda is the best port of any I've sailed to. That aside, we found the crew to be very gay friendly. The FOD meetups were well-attended and we met several guys that we still keep in touch with.

She really is a great ship and you will enjoy her.

My son is gay, and I thought several times that he and his boyfriend would love this ship! There were all types of couples on board and from what I saw, no one was ever made uncomfortable. Go for it, you will have a blast!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love this ship! We were on it in November and loved it so much that we are going again in April. We met several other couples while on board and shared dinner and drinks. We often met up later in the night for cocktails. The FOD gatherings were very well attended. The only complaint that I would have is the gatherings were at 8:00 pm which is when we were all heading to dinner but we still made it work. Such a great ship with a great view.

We have never had an issue on any ship. As for the Breakaway, this will be our second time sailing on her. The first was the inaugural sailing from NY to Bermuda. We were treated very well by all of the staff up to Kevin Sheehan/CEO.

The executives on the ship were also very interested in our comments and experiences as gay clients.

A friend and I are joining the 4/6 cruise and are glad to hear it's an LGBT friendly environment. Looking forward to meeting folks at the FOD. I've been a big QM2 person the last year and it'll be nice to be in a more relaxed and casual environment - and Lord knows, I'm looking forward to some warmth on my bones!

A friend and I are joining the 4/6 cruise and are glad to hear it's an LGBT friendly environment. Looking forward to meeting folks at the FOD. I've been a big QM2 person the last year and it'll be nice to be in a more relaxed and casual environment - and Lord knows, I'm looking forward to some warmth on my bones!

Hi. I just returned on April 6. The weather

Was perfect. 75 to 80 degrees in Bahamas

Sea temp around 80. Great

The ship I found was gay friendly. The Fod meeting

Was held in Bliss at 8, but not many attended .

I really enjoyed the cruise

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Breakaway March 2-9th and loved her. I think that, as with any experience, it will depend on what you put into it. I never attended any of the Friends of Dorothy meetings (held each night), but I still met several gay folks at various events/parties. More importantly, I met a lot of awesome people of all stripes thanks to being active in my Cruise Critic roll call. It was a great trip... hope you have a BLAST!

Richard/Tralfie

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. I just returned on April 6. The weather

Was perfect. 75 to 80 degrees in Bahamas

Sea temp around 80. Great

The ship I found was gay friendly. The Fod meeting

Was held in Bliss at 8, but not many attended .

I really enjoyed the cruise

thanks for returning with an update!! We just booked her!!

• 2 weeks later...

To echo everyone else's sentiments, I've found the Breakaway (all of NCL in fact) to be very welcoming and supportive of the LGBT community. I sailed on her as a solo in December, then with my husband in February. And we're going to sail once again to Bermuda this August. Can't wait!

I'm booked for the cruise departing NYC on 15 June. I tried the solo cabins on the NCL Epic last year and loved it. I hope the solo experience on the Breakaway will be as awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey There!

I just returned from my second Breakaway cruise and I’m happy I gave this ship another shot. I disliked it immensely on the Trans-Atlantic for its design (passenger flow and certain passenger areas). Those aside, this past cruise there were a lot of Friends of Dorothy on the ship and it was held nightly at the Shaker’s Martini Bar which is where it was on the Trans-Atlantic the first time. The time usually stuck around 8PM.

This second time I sailed in the solo studios and had a blast. Jovan was the solos host and he did a good job getting everyone together and from there we figured out dining arrangements. I made a ton of new friends between the Studio Lounge and the FOD on the ship. It’s also warmer now to enjoy Spice H2O both day and night! On the Trans-Atlantic we were stuck with the postage stamp Bliss which is far too small. I hope for good weather for all who sail her because her topside is really a fun place to be – day or night!