Questions re: Luminosa-30th April 2014

joylikes2shop

This morning, after very little research, I booked the 5 night cruise from Barcelona on Costas Luminosa-leaving on 30th April 2014.

The dates suited us perfectly, the price was good and I could get flights to Barcelona which matched up nicely with the cruise.

HOWEVER... having spent most of today reading all that I can about Costa and this particular ship, I'm wondering what I've let myself ( and my husband ) in for.:eek:

We are an easy going couple (early 50's) who have cruised twice before - around the Caribbean with Royal Caribbean and are really just looking forward to a lazy few days on this cruise. Most of the comments about Costa and Luminosa seem to be quite negative ...but I'm optimistic that the whole experience can only be better than the comments I've read today ?

So, my questions...

1. I'm planning to buy us both the AI drinks package before we sail...I know this includes wine and beer, but does anyone know if it also includes cocktails ? Any other tips on this front would be welcome.

2. I assume my husband wont need to bring a tux or suit for this cruise...and that a shirt & tie with long trousers will be grand for 'formal' dining ?

3.We fly into Barcelona airport on the day of the cruise and plan to get a taxi to the port...HOWEVER...we fly home from Reus ( Barcelona South ) airport...has anyone any suggestions of the best ( quick) way to get to Reus from the port ?

That's all for now. Thanks for reading this far :D

Joylikes2shop

A 5-day cruise on any cruise line, is a much different experience from a longer one. Costa isn't very formal to begin with, this one will probably be pretty casual.

Most cocktails are included, the ones that aren't are marked with a red star on the menu. Can't help you much more than that, I don't use alcohol myself.

I've never used Reus, it sounds a bit dicey unless you're flying out very late or next day.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Question 2, TUX is not needed, you will only have 1 formal night so a shirt, tie and long trousers will be fine, but if he wants to wear a TUX then by all means.

Question 3, getting to Reus (near Tarragona), try the ports section here on CC, try tripadvisor.com or have a look here:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/reus-barcelona-transfer.html

Ron