Denali, Kantishna bus tour

bgrieve

Best views are left side of bus going out and right side coming back. It can be a a little nerve racking, if you are afraid of heights, as there are no guard rails and you are on a mountain.

If heights bother you then sit on the right going out and left side coming back.

Either way you will love the trip.

There is no "best" side. Sorry, I have been on over 20 buses on the Park Road. Views are on both sides.

In my opinion, the reason to go to Kantishna is for overnight trips. May not be as worth the high cost on a short day trip. The Wonder Lake shuttle bus is a similar distance at a fraction of the cost.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1683604

check out that thread, I was signed up for the Wonder Lake shuttle and decided to just do the Kantishna experience thru princess. I didn't want to have to worry about transportation and "thinking" I am on my dream vacation so I want other people to do the driving and organizing. hope you have a blast. when are you going?

I agree with BQ ; the views are equal from both sides. Switch sides for the return trip!

There's a steep drop off at Polychrome Pass. If you have a problem with heights, sit on the opposite side from the driver on the way into the park, and on the drivers side on the way back. I find that drop off to be quite unnerving.

I've never been to Kantishna. No interest really. I book to Wonder Lake hoping for good weather but turn around at Eielson if it's not clear. Tours aren't in my budget anyway ... I'm definitely a shuttle person.