Royal Princess Northern European/Transatlantic Ports Review: Full Report

ibfern

Thanks for your reply re:motion sickness. I have another question: From the cruise atlas, it looks like the Royal started in Copenhagen, but you seem to have started in Tallin...How did that happen? Thanks

I actually started my cruise in Berlin, Warnemunde to be exact. They sold this cruise many ways; from Berlin to Copenhagen, from Copenhagen to Copenhagen, and from St. Petersburg to Copenhagen. I even saw people getting on in Tallinn and Helsinki. The second half of this cruise, the transatlantic, was from Copenhagen to NYC. The prices varied greatly as well, depending where you embarked. I have no idea why they did this?

Great Review, where and when do you go next ???

Thanks, Amelia - MaryAnn (formerly Wowzo);)

Hi Maryann,

I have a lot of cruises coming in the next few years!

I am taking my cousin on a 7 day Mexico cruise at the end of November, then on to Southeast Asia for a 21 day Sapphire cruise over the holidays, also we will stay in Singapore and fly to Siem Reap to visit Angkor Wat for 5 days. Really looking forward to that!

I am also on a Capetown to Dover cruise next May, will have a Safari before we get on the ship. Also on a 29 day Los Angeles to Tahiti, and the Anniversary cruise on the Pacific Princess. In 2016 we will fly to Australia and tour around then get on the Golden for a 30 day cruise back to Los Angeles.

Lots of future cruises! How about you?

Ibfern-thanks for all the work you put into this epic. I was particularly interested in your day in Belfast (for obvious reasons if you see my profile). The Antrim Coast road is indeed a treat for the eyes but just watch out for cows and sheep along the way!

A labor of love with so much information, generously shared.

Nice job!

Norris

Thanks Norris,

I included a youTube link of the Antrim coast, hope you enjoy that!

You will definitely have a busy and fun 2015, all the cruises do add up. John has put together and linked up several cruises.

First we start of celebrating John's B'day in January with the Oasis

of the Seas, February is our 50th Wedding Anniversary !, March is the Royal Princess for 26 days, Caribbean Princess in

May and Celebrity Eclipse May/June to Russia, etc.

Homeward bound on the Queen Mary2 in June to NYC and Amtrak will bring us home.

I will try and do all this travelling with 1 suitcase !!and maybe a tote bag.

Have fun and thanks for the interesting and detailed port reviews.:)

MaryAndi(formerly WOWZO)

You will definitely have a busy and fun 2015, all the cruises do add up. John has put together and linked up several cruises.

First we start of celebrating John's B'day in January with the Oasis

of the Seas, February is our 50th Wedding Anniversary !, March is the Royal Princess for 26 days, Caribbean Princess in

May and Celebrity Eclipse May/June to Russia, etc.

Homeward bound on the Queen Mary2 in June to NYC and Amtrak will bring us home.

I will try and do all this travelling with 1 suitcase !!and maybe a tote bag.

Have fun and thanks for the interesting and detailed port reviews.:)

MaryAndi(formerly WOWZO)

Congrats on your anniversary and enjoy all of your travels! I can stuff a lot in one suitcase if its large enough! :D

I can't thank you enough for doing this review...we are doing the (almost) same itinerary on the Regal next fall and this will give us amazing insight. I really enjoyed your comments on Ireland, as we just returned from 2 1/2 weeks there.....We spent 3 days in Kinsale, and yes, loved it! Glad you didn't miss it. We decided not to drive to N. Ireland as we knew we are going there next year....would love to get your same tour guide, he sounded great and let someone else do the driving!!!! Thanks again!!!!!

I can't thank you enough for doing this review...we are doing the (almost) same itinerary on the Regal next fall and this will give us amazing insight. I really enjoyed your comments on Ireland, as we just returned from 2 1/2 weeks there.....We spent 3 days in Kinsale, and yes, loved it! Glad you didn't miss it. We decided not to drive to N. Ireland as we knew we are going there next year....would love to get your same tour guide, he sounded great and let someone else do the driving!!!! Thanks again!!!!!

Boy I almost started a riot in the bus when I insisted we go to Kinsale, then after we were there I got a lot of thank-yous! ;) Its good to do the research!