halloween on fantasy

monkll

We are sailing on November 1st on the Fantasy...but we fly in on Halloween..feel bad my kids wont get to trick or treat. Does the cruise line acknowledge the holiday the day after?...We will stay at the hyatt at the airport for the night..maybe they will do something fun? any info is appreciated!!

We are sailing on November 1st on the Fantasy...but we fly in on Halloween..feel bad my kids wont get to trick or treat. Does the cruise line acknowledge the holiday the day after?...We will stay at the hyatt at the airport for the night..maybe they will do something fun? any info is appreciated!!

Unfortunately, it seems you are falling in the crack between the Halloween cruises (Disney Fantasy inclusive dates September 06, 2014 - October 25, 2014) and the Very MerryTime cruises (Disney Fantasy inclusive dates November 08, 2014 - December 27, 2014).

Maybe you can contact the Hyatt and see if they will have anything going on then?

Posted on the DCL website the effective dates for the Halloween cruises:

Ship / Sail Dates

Disney Magic / September 27, 2014 - October 26, 2014

Disney Wonder / September 26, 2014 - October 31, 2014

Disney Dream / September 07, 2014 - October 31, 2014

Disney Fantasy / September 06, 2014 - October 25, 2014

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ho...ses/halloween/

I think that based on this you an safely assume that there will be no Halloween activities on a cruise embarking on Nov. 1. While the hotel might hand out a bit of candy, I certainly wouldn't expect much.

On the other hand, their trade off is a Disney cruise. Maybe you can play up the dressing up as princesses or pirates. I suppose you COULD do what I never recommend and fly in the day of the cruise (but that is such stress and risk). Or you can just tell them that they have to miss trick or treat this year, but they get DISNEY.