Do Royal still do 20/30% off drinks packages after you have booked your cruise?

Our Sep Independence sailing is showing a price of £44.51 which I think is undiscounted (luckily we got it as a perk when we booked).

For our Oasis sailing last month it had a 20% discount shown on the cruise planner plus for a couple of months they had another special that included the unlimited Voom internet package and Deluxe package for just £1 more than the discounted deluxe package.

Do you pay now or later, its saying it has a 20% discount , I cant remember what it was last May on the Ovation but I do know it was a lot more on-board than online.

Also wasn't Starbucks included in the ultimate package as its saying its not now ?

Edited by debgreg

I have heard that once you are booked and in your cruise planner you can often get offers on packages but didn't know how often this happened/if it was a constant.

Thanks!

I'll say nothing seems constant with Royal. I will also add this is another good reason to join your roll call. I booked our next cruise 710 days ago and probably have been in my cruise planner no more than 10 times in that 2 years. Sometime early this year, one of my roll call mates JDELTA announced to the group that he found a 30% sale on the drink packages. I told my friend who doesn't spend nearly as much time here as me :o. That friend canceled 2 drink packages and rebooked them at the sale saving a substantial amount of money.

I was booked on Allure and it said 30% off and now on Anthem its 20% off but price is pretty much the same, only off by a couple of dollars. I dont think you need to prebook 12 months in advance. Maybe wait till closer to sailing date?

I was booked on Allure and it said 30% off and now on Anthem its 20% off but price is pretty much the same, only off by a couple of dollars. I dont think you need to prebook 12 months in advance. Maybe wait till closer to sailing date?

You may be right, but as I mentioned in my post above, if the price does go down, you can cancel and rebook, but if you see what is called a "30% off sale" Chances are it will be the lowest price you will see.

You may be right, but as I mentioned in my post above, if the price does go down, you can cancel and rebook, but if you see what is called a "30% off sale" Chances are it will be the lowest price you will see.

Unless they have that great sale that was named the "sip & stream." It came up to 64cad for me, for the deluxe plan and internet plan. I missed it by one day and wasnt able to take advantage of it. When I called they said the deal expired. Others said RCL told them it was a glitch :rolleyes: It was only 3 dollars more than the deluxe plan.

I'm just saying though, why give them your money 12 months out? Just wait until a couple of months out before doing so

Unless they have that great sale that was named the "sip & stream." It came up to 64cad for me, for the deluxe plan and internet plan. I missed it by one day and wasnt able to take advantage of it. When I called they said the deal expired. Others said RCL told them it was a glitch :rolleyes: It was only 3 dollars more than the deluxe plan.

I'm just saying though, why give them your money 12 months out? Just wait until a couple of months out before doing so

Agreed